Thoughts on this proposed trade...Need input asap!

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Background: I’m currently 5th out of 10. My goalies (hellebuyck, Varlamov and Bob) have been subpar at best. Only Varly has been ok but still I feel like they are holding me back from really cempeting with the big shots. I’ve targeted the 7th place team, who has Rinne but only 3 pts behind me so I feel like I reall need to make a strong offer for them to even consider it.

Here’s my offer…too weak?
Marchessault, Varlamov, 1st rounder for rinne, drouin

OR should I just stand pat and hope that Helle bounces back and Varly keeps it up.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I am in a similar predicament.

I don't have time right now for a longer post,, but since you need ASAP help, will just say if you start off talks with that team, I would not begin with your best offer. Make that a 3rd, you can always go up as you negotiate. And ask for some lesser pick back.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
thanks for the feedback! This is proving to be quite difficult. I picked up Smith from Calgary to hopefully stop the bleeding but no bites yet in acquiring a solid goalie through.

The problem is that our league is quite even, only a 9 pt gap between 3rd and 9th place. GMs are hesitating, which is quite understandable and no one has 2 super solid goalies.

Reactions: td_ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad