Thoughts on the reveal

Thoughts?

• Total voters

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Neutral on the jerseys because I hate the colours. Closest thing to green on that jersey is turquoise.

They should have a green alternate.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
The logo reminds me of a certain type of content my friends like to watch once in a while...

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am a fan of the name and jerseys. I do think that the secondary logo with the anchor, space needle combination is amazing. The "S" I am just sort of meh on.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Love the logo, but I hate how they keep making Space Needle references in Seattle, but what amazed me is how they made it into an anchor which was the best way to do with within this logo.

I don't like the name, the colours are nice although I wish green were to be included as I do understand the Canucks have the green.

They also better use a Washington Ferry horn as their goal horn.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As someone who is loyal to a fault, it was going to always be tough for me to go from being a Sharks fan to the Seattle fan. Even though this would be my local team. The one name that I was always partial to was Kraken.

I just saw the reveal and both the logo and colors have me sold. I have not yet looked at the jersey but I am now on the fence about being a Seattle Kraken fan. That is how much I like the name and logo.

Reactions: Angelonius

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'll just say this and I'll bow out.

I dislike the name, a lot actually. I'm shocked it was even in the running in the first place and thought it was put there as a joke or something. I didn't "dig" the other choices in the first place but Kraken was easily my least favorite. The fact that they went with it? Just wow, not a fan.

The colors are fine, I guess. I like Dark Blue. The light blue not so much but at least it's not the primary color (at least not yet). I guess the jersey is fine.

The logo? I don't "hate" it as in the poll option, but I don't like it and I'm not neutral on it either.

But, if you guys like it, then that's great. Welcome aboard and see you in 2021!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'll just say this and I'll bow out.

I dislike the name, a lot actually. I'm shocked it was even in the running in the first place and thought it was put there as a joke or something. I didn't "dig" the other choices in the first place but Kraken was easily my least favorite. The fact that they went with it? Just wow, not a fan.

The colors are fine, I guess. I like Dark Blue. The light blue not so much but at least it's not the primary color (at least not yet). I guess the jersey is fine.

The logo? I don't "hate" it as in the poll option, but I don't like it and I'm not neutral on it either.

But, if you guys like it, then that's great. Welcome aboard and see you in 2021!
I think logos, colors and names are all very subjective. Not sure which team you are a fan of but hope the Kraken give you more reason to hate them than just the logo/colors/names. :)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think logos, colors and names are all very subjective. Not sure which team you are a fan of but hope the Kraken give you more reason to hate them than just the logo/colors/names. :)

Hurricanes fan.

I certainly wish the Kraken well on the ice except against the Canes. I'm hoping Francis is a good GM for you guys, he did a lot of little things to help push the Canes back into relevance after Rutherford dug them a deep hole before he left.

Good luck and see you in Raleigh! We'll save you some BBQ sandwiches! :cheers:

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Not bad on the first jersey pic I found. Never was as fan of the Kracken name but I will buy a hat as soon as I find them.

23nHATX.png

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Outside perspective looking in....

Kinda like the overall look, though I think the name will age poorly over the next couple decades.

I think it'll be like the Toronto Raptors - another team that went with a trendy and unique name (Jurassic Park had come out one year before they picked the name).

Over the next 5-10 years it will start to sound more cheesy and be less popular. But if you stick with it to about 20 years it will swing back to being loved.

Pintokyo

Jun 26, 2020
US
I think the name is silly and cool but that why I like it. It going to be a fun one to use. I love the colors, I do like the different kind of blues they used. But overall jersey I think the design too plain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad