Thoughts on the rebuild? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
He said hey guys your not buying conference finals tickets I already have cut staff if you wont support the payroll I will have to remove money from the ice... And the fans freaked out and had a fit and bought less tickets players are now gone.
Too bad sports fans act like spoiled children and can't figure out 'why'

Eugene just didn't have the staff to sell those 400 or so seats that went unsold for that series.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So they would have dumped him somewhere else to someone else, I’m not sure why everyone needs to turn everything into poop and paint some negative picture on everything.
They tried to upgrade and bring in a number one center who makes twice the money. Good thing not bad.
Oh does not count because old ass broke down Methot was taken in expansion.
Oh doesn’t count because they dumped some minor player they didn’t want
That wasn't the point.

You'd said it was an example of Melnyk spending in response to another poster and I was pointing out that wasn't correct. Dorion structured the deal in a way to not actually spend more money, so the trade didn't have anything to do with any financial commitment to winning by Melnyk, which was the point you appeared to be trying to make.

I just don't see how the GM making a trade that essentially equals out financially has anything to do with the Owner. It was just the GM doing his thing under the budget given to him like any other day.

Methot breaking down after doesn't negate the fact that he left a hole in the lineup that they couldn't fill due to budget restraints which was more the point the other poster made about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM plays with nickels in a dollar league,no amount of spin can change this fact...He has no money to propel the team anywhere,which is why he cant remain as owner...
He has torpedoed every deal that has come his way ,due to lack of funds...Alienated both the corporate and fan base in this city..And yet we get guys wanting to defend this guy still...
Please just stop no one is buying anything EM is trying to sell anymore

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sens spending is publicly available. Inform yourself.
Lol written and proof read by EM .....Please just stop u sound silly here....EM is the most laughed at and hated owner in the NHL ...So why try to convince people that he isnt what the majority of people have said and think he is?

Or you and some others can continue to do the endless run of mental gymnastics,and I can continue to laugh ..

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lol written and proof read by EM .....Please just stop u sound silly here....EM is the most laughed at and hated owner in the NHL ...So why try to convince people that he isnt what the majority of people have said and think he is?

Or you and some others can continue to do the endless run of mental gymnastics,and I can continue to laugh ..

Well.. You made a comment to suggest he has never spent over $60 million on the team. I think you are incorrect ... I don't like EM but I don't sit at home thinking it is all his fault. How much do you spend at the CTC a year ?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well.. You made a comment to suggest he has never spent over $60 million on the team. I think you are incorrect ... I don't like EM but I don't sit at home thinking it is all his fault. How much do you spend at the CTC a year ?
Nothing and proud of it...Wont bother to give that liar one more cent...Used to buy game packs all the time,but the endless rebuilds to nowhere and the consistant cheaping out on everything made me rethink where I should place my entertainment dollar...And Iam obviously not alone

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

No one is obligated to spend fifty cents at the CTC, and EM has given fans absolutely no reason to.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
EM plays with nickels in a dollar league,no amount of spin can change this fact...He has no money to propel the team anywhere,which is why he cant remain as owner...
He has torpedoed every deal that has come his way ,due to lack of funds...Alienated both the corporate and fan base in this city..And yet we get guys wanting to defend this guy still...
Please just stop no one is buying anything EM is trying to sell anymore

The fans and advertisers spend nickels in a dollar league so the team has no money It has always been like that, that’s why it sold to EM in the first place. The team will probably leave one day because at 400 million+ it would be a terrible investment.
. There is nothing to defend its simple a small market team has less money. That is what happens in pro sports

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Got it.. Everyone else is cheap.. not me.

Is there any other business that you can think of where you spend money on a poor product to ensure that the business produces a good product for you in the future? Would you buy a poorly-built car solely out of loyalty to the car manufacturer in the hopes that doing so would lead to the manufacturer producing better cars at a later date?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Is there any other business that you can think of where you spend money on a poor product to ensure that the business produces a good product for you in the future? Would you buy a poorly-built car solely out of loyalty to the car manufacturer in the hopes that doing so would lead to the manufacturer producing better cars at a later date?
Apparently EM ,has the right to do this..And if dont like it tough...Lol

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

The error in your post is assuming "you" spend money. The Sens fans didn't attend the ECF playoff games. Most who criticize the EM here don't buy any tickets. Its a bunch of people calling the owner cheap who sat on the couch during the playoff run. Hey, I'll listen to anyone who attends games criticism .... but not a bunch of people who haven't spent over $1000 in the building in the past few years.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The fans and advertisers spend nickels in a dollar league so the team has no money It has always been like that, that’s why it sold to EM in the first place. The team will probably leave one day because at 400 million+ it would be a terrible investment.
. There is nothing to defend its simple a small market team has less money. That is what happens in pro sports
So the fans havent supported the team???And neither has the Corporation and companies in the Ottawa area???

Funny how Ottawa was a top 10 team in the league in attendance and had a building that was plastered with ad,s all over the building,we still didnt spend...And yet got an even better TV deal,and then a monster Arena deal..And we still get EM and his fanboys telling everyone that will listen EM ,hasnt had anything to do with a now barren,and empty arena...Come on lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The error in your post is assuming "you" spend money. The Sens fans didn't attend the ECF playoff games. Most who criticize the EM here don't buy any tickets. Its a bunch of people calling the owner cheap who sat on the couch during the playoff run. Hey, I'll listen to anyone who attends games criticism .... but not a bunch of people who haven't spent over $1000 in the building in the past few years.
And again who,s fault is that??Please answer the question instead of just spinning for EM

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

The error in your post is that you assume that the people who haven't recently spent money didn't spent money in the past. Are those who are staying at home "bad fans", or are they so fed up with the state of the team that they can't get themselves to spend their hard earned money on the team? I, as well as most, would say that it's the latter.

If a new owner came in, spent money, didn't bring the Ringling Bros. Circus around every single time he/she opened their mouth, and the CTC was still at 12k fans, I'd be willing to agree with you. I don't foresee that happening.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
And again who,s fault is that??Please answer the question instead of just spinning for EM
Some people can't relate to things like booting people like Alfie and Leeder on their assess mattering. Or the million other stories of the franchise being handicapped by his decisions, ego and getting his hands in hockey ops. I've been told over and over that the shit EM has done to his own product doesn't matter and it's as simple as fans not showing up, but it very clearly has had a profound effect on the franchise and it obviously started well before the last run, despite those trying to say otherwise. Relationships and actions matter and he's the variable in all of it.

It's a tough market, but Melnyk has done more than enough to deserve the treatment he's received.

Also, for all the blame put on fans, what about the media? They're the ones that have truly villainized the guy and given him that perception outside of Ottawa. If that didn't happen and he didn't constantly feed them stories to portray it that way, it would have all quieted down much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->