Thoughts on the Calgary Flames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
It's always funny when people dredge through 6 month old threads because their feelings were hurt.

Yeah, pretty sad. And I'm an oiler fan. I didn't think hamomic was the answer and they overpaid. I also dont think gully is a good coach. People forget they had like a 12 game winning streak just to get into the playoffs.

All that aside, how come people don't make new threads, always gotta bump some ancient history so they can pat themselves on the back.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
They've always been an overrated club. On paper they have great defense, but not so much in reality. They have a nice trio in Gaudreau, Monahan, and Tkachuk, good secondary scoring and solid defensive guys in Frolik and Backlund, but they really need another top player as Gaudreau is the only elite one IMO. Tkachuk very well could develop into one, but they need another legit top 6 center.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm still laughing that people are bringing up the "3 #1D" argument to make fun of the Flames, when defense has surprising been one of their stronger points this season. Special teams and god-awful offense and no creativity is why they're in their current position.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
All fanbases are arrogant.

Enough so to think Brodie would be the Leafs #1D? I remember Flames fans convincing everyone Bennett and Tkachuk are both better than Marner, Hamilton Gio and Brodie all better than anything the Leafs have. One team is top 6 in the NHL and one might win the draft lottery just to hand Dahlin to the Isles. I just find it hilarious how overrated they are.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Enough so to think Brodie would be the Leafs #1D? I remember Flames fans convincing everyone Bennett and Tkachuk are both better than Marner, Hamilton Gio and Brodie all better than anything the Leafs have. One team is top 6 in the NHL and one might win the draft lottery just to hand Dahlin to the Isles. I just find it hilarious how overrated they are.

Meh I've seen it from all sides.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm still laughing that people are bringing up the "3 #1D" argument to make fun of the Flames, when defense has surprising been one of their stronger points this season. Special teams and god-awful offense and no creativity is why they're in their current position.

Especailly when it was a made up narrative from fans of rival teams.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They've always been an overrated club. On paper they have great defense, but not so much in reality. They have a nice trio in Gaudreau, Monahan, and Tkachuk, good secondary scoring and solid defensive guys in Frolik and Backlund, but they really need another top player as Gaudreau is the only elite one IMO. Tkachuk very well could develop into one, but they need another legit top 6 center.

They don't have good secondary scoring at all, that was the whole problem this season.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

The horror.

Somebody said both Bennet and Tkachuk were better than Marner.

You guys are unbearable.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
But ya, I've never witnessed such a mentally fragile team.

I don't even know how you fix that.
usually a team with identity problems either needs a hard as nails leader (like Iggy,) to pull them together, or a coaching change.

MacH86

Nov 7, 2016
Good team just is getting caught up thinking they are better than they actually are. Maybe poor leadership inside the locker room ?

I find it interesting the team always seems to play better when the coach throws a few F-bombs and throws his stick like a javelin. Only works a few times before it becomes ineffective as it becomes predictable. Speaks volumes about their effort level.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I wonder if they were out partying in Vegas last night though. Then having to play an afternoon game is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad