Thoughts on the Boston Bruins?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:bruins

They found such a steal in Pastrnak, should be a solid RWer for them for years to come. They just need a couple more young forwards since their top end players won't get any younger.

I would like for Bruins' fans to enlighten me on their direction of the team, because I honestly don't know. It seems to me they are trying to retool, but I could be wrong.

McAvoy and Carlo should be great defenders on the backend!

Rask still plays like a top 5 goalie.

Your thoughts on the Bruins?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Future 1C is a big question. Drafting Barzal would have helped.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
best team ever #1 best of all time my favorite super team best love bruins awesome super cool <3

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
As a team I hate them and wish them nothing but years of pain.

A few individual players I like on the team.

Marchand isn't one of them.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Bubble team.

They need their top guys to be really good to make the playoffs, they just don't have the depth to win a lot of games without their big guns producing.

Also can't afford any significant long-term injuries.

Team that i could see in and out for a few years, until their young guys hit their primes.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Bubble team. With Tampa coming back into the playoffs (likely) feels like the highest odds of falling out.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Bubble team that will most likely miss but has potential to get in if they play at a high level. They have great players in 37/63/46/47/88 (if he's signed) and okay to good supporting cast. Need C depth

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
How is Malcolm Subban doing? Does he look capable of being a main-stay goaltender?

Defense looks very promising, wingers look good, just missing some centres after a few years.

I think one of the smoothest Stanley cup champion to contender to retooling back to contender transitions.

If they use these next years or Bergy correctly, flawless retooling while at the same time "rebuilding".

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Boston has a strong young defense but an aging forward corps. Some good forward prospects but no real young top line talent outside of Pasta. They're good enough to be a playoff team but they need better production from young forwards.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I think their top end guys are elite beyond what almost any other team can put on the ice but beyond that they are not that good. With that said I think if they stay healthy they can do damage, their top end players are so good they just need the rest of the team to tread water for them.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Underrated defense, best line in the league.

Forward corps outside of their first line is hot polio.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They'll be in the mix for that final wildcard sport, and could do some damage if they get in. However, I think they'll just miss the playoffs.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Shallow team. Good enough to make playoffs but not good enough to do any real damage

Probably the best assessment

The top few lines have serious star power but outside of that, sometimes they give you the vibe that they might never score again

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
The old boys club. A lot like the Knicks and Bulls in the NBA. They have some really good young players in Pastrnak, McAvoy, Vatrano, Czarnik, and JFK; but their star players are all in their 30s and their goaltending is questionable. They need their young guys to become stars before their stars get old.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
As a team I hate them and wish them nothing but years of pain.

A few individual players I like on the team.

Marchand isn't one of them.

My disdain for the Bruins dates back to this when I was a wee lad:

Other than that, I hope they bottom out and draft a total bust next year. :)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Only Bruin that I like is Chara, but he's getting old.
They do have a lot of good players though (Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Rask, etc.).

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If Bergeron recovers from the sports hernia and plays on a line with Marchand and Pasta, that line will tapdance on every team in the league. It will be like the World Cup every night.

The rest of the team is a big question mark. But that line will be insane.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Bergeron recovers from the sports hernia and plays on a line with Marchand and Pasta, that line will tapdance on every team in the league. It will be like the World Cup every night.

The rest of the team is a big question mark. But that line will be insane.

They already did that last year. It was the best line in hockey when together.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Bergeron-Marchand-Pastrnak-Krejci is a very nice top 4 forwards but Krejci is always injured + he and Bergeron are approaching mid 30's in age. They seem to have a small window in the next few years but after that those two will be tough to replace, as well as Chara and Rask. The back end looks promising with MacAvoy, Carlo and Krug though. Hopefully someone else can step up for them. Bubble team with potential to surprise I guess?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Slowly going down the ranks, soon to have worst D in the league, only Bergeron, Pasta, Rask and Marchand going forward. The next few years they'll be a Wild Card or bust team. Tampa, Ottawa, Toronto will be tough teams to get passed, then Buffalo getting better will put them in the shadow with Detroit.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Slowly going down the ranks, soon to have worst D in the league, only Bergeron, Pasta, Rask and Marchand going forward. The next few years they'll be a Wild Card or bust team. Tampa, Ottawa, Toronto will be tough teams to get passed, then Buffalo getting better will put them in the shadow with Detroit.

Eh, the D is on the upswing if anything. 2014/15 and 2015/16 was the nadir for that group. Since then Krug has continued to grow as a player to one of the best offensive defencemen in the league, Carlo and McAvoy have emerged and many other prospects are on the cusp. Even old man Chara took a step forward and continues to be one of the best shutdown defencemen in the league. It's not the best group in the league, but it should get better in coming years. Depth in forward roles is the issue. Lots of prospects will get a chance this year, hopefully they many of them stick.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Rather ridiculous. We have been drafting nothing but D and draft very well we did. Talking about the next few years without thinking about the fact that good players can be hired/drafted is a major fail. If anything, history indicates that the Bruins make it work pretty much on a constant basis (43 playoffs in the past 50 seasons, never missed the playoffs for more than two seasons in a row in that span). As pretty much everyone knows, the Bruins have been retooling for a couple of years and while doing that, missed the playoffs by 1 point and 0 points and then back into the playoffs. That's the kind of franchise you are talking about. Counting the Bruins out is a mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad