Thoughts on Sportsnet #IceSurfing coming this season?

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I already knew that. However my point is up until Rogers getting the rights in Canada they still made the NHL Network available as one of their channels which you could get or it was included depending on the type of package you already had, despite the NHL Network being owned by TSN. I mean you don't find it weird that in Canada where Hockey is the #1 sport they don't have a dedicated 24 hour NHL channel, considering they offer MLB Network, NFL Network and NBA TV.

Rogers made the channel available up until the point when TSN and the NHL shut it down completely (in Canada), so it's not really anything to do with Rogers.

I suppose it was weird but the programming wasn't that great and it was pretty much redundant with all the hockey coverage you already get on TSN and Sportsnet. If the NHL put the resources into it that the NFL puts into their channel it probably would have made a go of it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Rogers made the channel available up until the point when TSN and the NHL shut it down completely (in Canada), so it's not really anything to do with Rogers.

I suppose it was weird but the programming wasn't that great and it was pretty much redundant with all the hockey coverage you already get on TSN and Sportsnet. If the NHL put the resources into it that the NFL puts into their channel it probably would have made a go of it.
Maybe I'm wrong but I remember reading and others saying because Rogers has the rights in Canada they didn't the NHL Network being around anymore due to the TSN and Bell factor.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Anything Sportsnet does is vastly inferior to TSN, I don’t care how many specialty channels or shows they put out, the fact that TSN doesn’t have (non regional) NHL is a travesty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad