Thoughts on Sherwood PMP 5030 featherlite

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
A lot of guys at the rink I work at love them. I work in the pro-shop, so I pretty much know what people use and there are guys who go BALLISTIC if we don't stock their model (Coffey, Spezza, etc)

It's not as heavy as the 9950 or the 7000, so it's better for slighter players.

As far as wooden sticks go, Montreal and Sher-Wood make the best right now, IMO.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I used them as a kid and now Ive started to use them again. For what ever reason i get a little more pop with them than i do my xn10.

Meff how much do you guys charge at your shop for the 5030?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
MeffyuhTJRest said:
A lot of guys at the rink I work at love them. I work in the pro-shop, so I pretty much know what people use and there are guys who go BALLISTIC if we don't stock their model (Coffey, Spezza, etc)

It's not as heavy as the 9950 or the 7000, so it's better for slighter players.

As far as wooden sticks go, Montreal and Sher-Wood make the best right now, IMO.

yeah i'm not big by any stretch so i was hoping it being lighter wouldn't really effect durability, so the 5030 beat out the 9950

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
The only stick I use is the Sher-Wood 5030 SC Coffey curve. Lasts at least 10 games and a few pickup sessions before I see any cracking in the blade. Usually you can find them priced at about 20 bucks or so. As far as wood sticks go, this one is one of the best as far as weight, feel, and flex.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Would Guy Lafleur and Ray Bourque be wrong? I have used this stick for over 20 years. I change it around now, but when I was competitive, it was the only way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad