Thoughts on Lehner

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Really do believe he is the future in net for the Senators. He has shown great strengths and positive moments, as did he show bad inexperienced moments. But that is to come with all young/up and coming players, especially Goalies. Really happy with what we have with him, it's another great find by the scouts not in the 1st couple draft picks, but decently late.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
What do you guys think of "The Iceman" for Lehner's nickname?

As in as cool as Ice, and his icey stare.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
After the Byfuglien hit Lehner says he couldn't remember a thing. The doc asked him who he was and Robin said Patrick Roy so Stache yelled at him from the bench "ok you're good to go".

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
What a beast....

He's really pushing hard. This summer will be interesting for you guys.

dennilfloss

Yes I love disco!
Jun 7, 2011
Ottawa
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
What a beast....

He's really pushing hard. This summer will be interesting for you guys.

He'll walk the Ottawa streets practicing his icy stare and dance moves...

byVNuOe.jpg

Last edited:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
You have a decent goalie situation here in Ottawa. Don't get spoiled! :)

What will happen, Bishop traded soon or...?

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I didnt fully read the GDT but its annoying to me that Lehner gives up such a weak goal yesterday on Paille and then the goal by Seidenberg obviously wasnt his fault and noone is mentioning his name.

Bishop would be crucified by now if those went in on him. I like Lehner but if we are giving him a pass then Bishop deserves a pass on some of his softies.

WHEN THE **** IS ANDY COMING BACK

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Lehner was fine. Ottawa scored one ****ing goal. Gimmie a break.

And Anderson has missed some serious time. For a career back up/headcase, I doubt he'd return to Hasek esq ability. Sorry.

What isthe latest on Anderson anyway?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lehner was fine. Ottawa scored one ****ing goal. Gimmie a break.

And Anderson has missed some serious time. For a career back up/headcase, I doubt he'd return to Hasek esq ability. Sorry.

What isthe latest on Anderson anyway?

I love comments like this. It's Brennan-esque in its absurdity and stupidity. Our "career-backup" has a SV% above .920 in over 100 games and a GAA under 2.00 played for our team. He missed time last year slicing his hand open and finished the season incredibly strong and into the playoffs where he was unreal. Time-off doesn't affect Anderson in the least.

Why are some people are willing to cast him aside for the shiny new toys we've got playing in his place? Anderson is the best goalie on this team RIGHT NOW. Lehner still have some work to do before he catches up.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I love comments like this. It's Brennan-esque in its absurdity and stupidity. Our "career-backup" has a SV% above .920 in over 100 games and a GAA under 2.00 played for our team. He missed time last year slicing his hand open and finished the season incredibly strong and into the playoffs where he was unreal. Time-off doesn't affect Anderson in the least.

Why are some people are willing to cast him aside for the shiny new toys we've got playing in his place? Anderson is the best goalie on this team RIGHT NOW. Lehner still have some work to do before he catches up.

This... Anderson is and will continue to be at the top of his game for a while. He is coming into his own, seeing the ice well and intuiting most plays towards our net before they happen. Hope he is back soon. Meanwhile it is nice to watch Lehner develop... Bishop has not been bad, but also not great these past few games.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
This... Anderson is and will continue to be at the top of his game for a while. He is coming into his own, seeing the ice well and intuiting most plays towards our net before they happen. Hope he is back soon. Meanwhile it is nice to watch Lehner develop... Bishop has not been bad, but also not great these past few games.

That's what the Avs thought. The clock is almost midnight...he better hustle before he turns into a pumpkin again.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That's what the Avs thought. The clock is almost midnight...he better hustle before he turns into a pumpkin again.

Another Brennan-esque quality comment. If you had done any research on the situation in Colorado, management actually rushed him back from injury and then forced him into a platoon situation with Peter Budaj. They also refused to negotiate with him an extension on his contract, despite carrying the team on his back the season previous.

So, here in Ottawa, he's got a nice long contract and they are letting him heal. How are these situations remotely similar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad