Thoughts on Kevin Klein and Shea Weber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm a big fan of Kevin Kleinn.

He's a very "quiet" defenseman. With that I mean, you won't notice him really as a player. But thats a great thing for a defenseman. He just does his job, very solid all around. Pretty capable offensively, good skater, pretty physical, just a good steady defenseman. He should definitely be an NHL'er IMO. Most likely a solid number 4 guy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Brock said:
I'm a big fan of Kevin Kleinn.

He's a very "quiet" defenseman. With that I mean, you won't notice him really as a player. But thats a great thing for a defenseman. He just does his job, very solid all around. Pretty capable offensively, good skater, pretty physical, just a good steady defenseman. He should definitely be an NHL'er IMO. Most likely a solid number 4 guy.

I agree. I think he should've went higher in the draft because I think he's one of the safest prospects out there to be that 3/4 guy.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:
Just curious what peoples thoughts on either Weber or Klein? Both are leading their leagues in Dman points in the playoffs. Just curious what WHL and OHL observers think.

Put the two players together and you have a nice second defensive pairing in a couple of years. Klein is an excellent skater who plays a smart two way game (he was injured for alot of the year so that explains the average regular season). Weber is more of a defensive player with a solid point shot but is smart enough with the puck to also put up points.

Add Suter to your draft and you've basically shored up your defense for the next 10 years in one draft.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
so in 5 years...the Predators top 4 will look like this?

Hamhuis-Suter
Klein-Weber

Most D don't break out until their 25 or so. But yeah I think that would be a pretty good D in 2010 or so and they'll all be in the NHL by 2008.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
so in 5 years...the Predators top 4 will look like this?

Hamhuis-Suter
Klein-Weber

In 2008-2009 season, Timonen will be 33, Eaton will be 31, Zidlicky will be 31, Vokoun would be 32. Yeah, we might be a decent team in 5 years.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
So-So actor but married to phoebe cates and that makes up for quite a bit.

He's had his good moments. You seen A Fish Called Wanda? Not just so-so in that one.

As for the defenceman, he's defenitely had a great playoff. He's very, very smooth. His first pass is impressive, he can jump into the play, although he's not a puck-rusher the way Brendan Bell was in junior for example. What I like about Klein is that he is also great in his own zone. I don't see him being much of an offensive guy in the NHL. He'll put up 20-30 points sure, but not a big scorer. But he'll be great defensively, because he has good hockey sense. When i think of Klein in the NHL, I think of Scott Hannan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad