Thoughts on Joakim Andersson

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Pretty sure he did in Sweden, but shifted to wing at Maine because of their needs. Doesn't matter though, he's a winger at the professional level now. He's not ready to be an NHL center.

I think you are correct. My larger point is that our true centers right now are Z, Pavs, Andersson and Emmerton. Mule, Abdelkader and Filppula are all technically centers but were never as productive as they've been as wingers. Emmerton and Andersson have been DRW because they fill a clear need. Andersson doesn't get much love but I think he's acquitting himself quite nicely. So long as that third line continues to produce I hope Babs keeps them together. :nod:

Dekesyuk

Apr 18, 2012
if yoou saw the Chicago game thats on today you shouldve noticed that beautiful vision of Andersson when he passed it infront to Tatar. Tatar and Andersson look great together and I think they will be on a line together for years to come.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
if yoou saw the Chicago game thats on today you shouldve noticed that beautiful vision of Andersson when he passed it infront to Tatar. Tatar and Andersson look great together and I think they will be on a line together for years to come.

Wouldn't be bad to add Nyquist there to complete that ex-Griffins 1st line. You put Lashoff-Smith behind it, and it's a complete unit.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

You're wasting your breath, most saw all they needed to see after his first game and passed final judgment on him. I've been impressed with his development and wouldn't you know his line scored our lone goal today.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wouldn't be bad to add Nyquist there to complete that ex-Griffins 1st line. You put Lashoff-Smith behind it, and it's a complete unit.

I loved that line against the Kings. Still thinks Andersson looks a step or two behind an NHL-caliber player at times though. Seems like his speed varies game to game lol. Could just be the guys he's going against I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad