Thoughts on Ekblad's fantasy relevance?

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
I ended up drafting Ekblad this year and it's been a very slow start fantasy wise so far.

Honestly, have not watched any Panther games this year. I'm unsure if he's actually playing bad or if he's just not that fantasy relevant. Anyone have some insight on Ekblad?

I got players on the wire I'm looking to pickup and Ekblad is the worst fantasy player on my team so far...is he worth holding on to or ok to drop?

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
He has little to no fantasy value unless you're in a real deep league. Yandle gets all the fun PP1 minutes on that team and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Ekblad's ceiling is probably <40pts for the next few years unless the Panthers decide to switch him and Yandle around on the PP for some reason.

McStimperi

Apr 6, 2012
Finland
Well, he is most certainly RELEVANT fantasy-wise. He has a solid floor with great goal-scoring contributions for a defenseman. It is the ceiling and upside that is limited with his usage. You should not expect too much out of him, but he will be valuable and relevant for most fantasy leagues for sure.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
He is available as a free agent in my league right now. It depends how you manage your roster if a guy like him has value. I have one taxi squad spot for d and 2 for forwards. I would pick him up in weeks where Florida has an easy schedule but likely wouldn’t keep him on the regular roster for the reasons above (no pp1).

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Don't think he has any value at all. Yandle is PP1 and they employ all FWDs; always avoided Ek in drafts as the points don't come easy for him.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
He's been a huge disappointment for me in my dynasty salary league. G, A PPP, SHP, PIMs Hits and Blocks for skaters.

I inherited a roster that drafted him with the 2 OA in his draft year... Between his marginal point production and cap hit he's largely useless to me. So he rots in my AHL farm team, because I have hopes that he improves his numbers as Yandle gets older and bumped down the PP units.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->