Thoughts on Defense

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I feel like we have way too hard a fixation on having a "shut-down" pairing when it might make much more sense to balance the d-lines with our current roster.

I also think Armstrong might have more faith in Perunovich potentially providing an impact this season than most on this board, but it's obviously something we can't count on. And even if he does make an impact, he likely won't improve the team's defense in our end, even if he may help keep the puck in the o-zone more often.

Reactions: Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I feel like we have way too hard a fixation on having a "shut-down" pairing when it might make much more sense to balance the d-lines with our current roster.

I also think Armstrong might have more faith in Perunovich potentially providing an impact this season than most on this board, but it's obviously something we can't count on. And even if he does make an impact, he likely won't improve the team's defense in our end, even if he may help keep the puck in the o-zone more often.
Although that may be possible, unless Perunovich really takes a spot from guys like Walman or Mikkola, I think the assumption is that he challenges for a spot, but starts in the AHL. There's no doubt we see him this year unless he is hurt again OR the Blues manage to stay healthy, but Bortuzzo, Parayko, and Scandella will probably be injured for various reasons I could give.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Get me Hanifiin or Lindholm in our top-4 and we’ve got a cup contender. Unless serious magic happens elsewhere, we’re not legit until we grab a serious 1/2 LHD.

maybe we can work out a 3-way with ANA or CGY?

:blues
Hanifin

:sabres
STL picks and prospects
CGY picks and prospects
Retain 50% on Tarasenko
CGY cap
Marco Scandella

:flames
Jack Eichel
Tarasenko @ 50%

Or

Lindholm

Tarasenko
STL picks and prospects
ANA picks and prospects

:ducks
Jack Eichel

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Get me Hanifiin or Lindholm in our top-4 and we’ve got a cup contender. Unless serious magic happens elsewhere, we’re not legit until we grab a serious 1/2 LHD.

Hanifin

STL picks and prospects
CGY picks and prospects
Retain 50% on Tarasenko
CGY cap
Marco Scandella

Jack Eichel
Tarasenko @ 50%

Or

Lindholm

Tarasenko
STL picks and prospects
ANA picks and prospects

Jack Eichel
Tarasenko wouldn’t waive for Buffalo.

idk if he would for Ana/CGY but it’s worth a shot. Lindholm would be a perfect fit with parayko playing/shutting down every teams best players. Frees up krug-Faulk to do their thing against inferior competetition.

if need be a Lindholm-Faulk, Krug-Parayko would suffice with scandella filling in Krugs spot when protecting a lead late

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Hanifin

STL picks and prospects
CGY picks and prospects
Retain 50% on Tarasenko
CGY cap
Marco Scandella

Jack Eichel
Tarasenko @ 50%

Or

Lindholm

Tarasenko
STL picks and prospects
ANA picks and prospects

Jack Eichel

Or we can let Army negotiate the trade and end up with Lindholm for Sanford and a 3rd and still have Vladdy to trade off.

And I'm not sure how serious I am about that. Would not surprise me at all if we trade Vladdy for "futures"(near NHL ready prospects) and then turn around and deal Sanford to address the defense. Joshua and MacMac are fine as the 13/14 forwards.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad