Thoughts on Bouwmeester

PablitoArg

Dec 27, 2009
Ottawa
Thoughts on trading for Bouwmeester? (only for the right offer)

I know his Salary is abusive 2 years 6.6M, but since Gonch (5.5) & Alfie (4.8) are up next year and we need to match the cap floor minimum.

He could help the PP and PK, play big minutes, he's a big boy 6'4, 215lbs, experienced. He could take a little playoff pressure off that inexperienced D core we have this year. Next year, he could play behind Karlsson against weaker opponents since EK will get the majority of there tougher skilled players. He's a veteran that can easily take some leadership rolls as gonchar did.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Bouwmeester
Wiericoch - Gryba

EK - Bouwmeester: can run our first PP
Cowen - Wiercioch: our second

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
He can skate, but is lazy and doesn't seem to care.

Also, why give up Phillips leadership and experience for him?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If Murray added Bouwmeester tomorrow, I'd be ok with it I guess... but if the decision was left in my hands, for what I think the Flames will be looking for in exchange for J-bow, I'd probably pass.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I would like to define some logic? Do people really think Calgary would trade any of their players that they so call perceive as valuable players?? And what I mean is players Like Iginla, Kipper, Bow, Wideman, Glencross, Cammaleri, Hudler, Stempniak etc. The Flames have made it clear more than once that they are not trading anyone and will only be buyers! I am not saying this to be harsh but its so obvious that with this ownership group THERE Will be no Rebuild, No Emphasis on Youth, and just build this team through FREE AGENCY!

And for that I feel sorry for the Calgary Flames Fan Base Cause I know they deserve better With Murray Edwards as the Owner and Jay Feaster as the GM nothing will change and you guys have seen what Feaster is made of. He tried to Trade for Rick Nash, didn't work, he offered Brad Richards I believe a 10 year contract, HE Didn't want to go, He tried to sign Ryan O'Reilly but didn't do his due diligence and if Calgary got him they would of had to place him on waivers and Columbus at the time would of got a CHRISTMAS Present and Colorado would of got their 1st and 3rd Round picks and would of set the team back 10 years.

But if he was available I would easily say no, Bow is not a player I;m interested in and I am sure most fans agree and with the price Feaster would Demand. NO WAY, NO WAY Calgary Even Touches any of our prized Prospects with that Organization. But I mean this by no offense

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I would like to define some logic? Do you really think Calgary would trade any of their players that they so call perceive as valuable players?? And what I mean is players Like Iginla, Kipper, Bow, Wideman, Glencross, Cammaleri, Hudler, Stempniak etc. The Flames have made it clear more than once that they are not trading anyone and will only be buyers! I am not saying this to be harsh but its so obvious that with this ownership group THERE Will be no Rebuild, No Emphasis on Youth, and just build this team through FREE AGENCY!

And for that I feel sorry for the Calgary Flames Fan Base Cause I know they deserve better With Murray Edwards as the Owner and Jay Feaster as the GM nothing will change and you guys have seen what Feaster is made of. He tried to Trade for Rick Nash, didn't work, he offered Brad Richards I believe a 10 year contract, HE Didn't want to go, He tried to sign Ryan O'Reilly but didn't do his due diligence and if Calgary got him they would of had to place him on waivers and Columbus at the time would of got a CHRISTMAS Present and Colorado would of got their 1st and 3rd Round picks and would of set the team back 10 years.

But if he was available I would easily say no, Bow is not a player I;m interested in and I am sure most fans agree and with the price Feaster would Demand. NO WAY, NO WAY Calgary Even Touches any of our prized Prospects with that Organization. But I mean this by no offense

So, you.... agree?... with me?

Ok.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I dont think Bouwmeester is available for the right offer.

Stick to the rebuild, and maybe sign a placeholder UFA, preferrably not for 7 million either.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I don't buy the "not a winner" stuff. Bouwmeester's a fine D-man, and he'd look really good here playing on a 2nd pairing with Wiercioch or Cowen. The salary thing isn't an issue since the Sens have a ton of cap space and his deal is up at the end of next season.

That being said I don't think the need for another PMD is so great that it's worth giving up any top prospects for him. I'd deal something like

Hoffman/Pageau
Filatov/Schneider
3rd/4th rd pick

but I doubt Calgary would go for that. It probably depends how badly they want to get rid of him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't buy the "not a winner" stuff. Bouwmeester's a fine D-man, and he'd look really good here playing on a 2nd pairing with Wiercioch or Cowen. The salary thing isn't an issue since the Sens have a ton of cap space and his deal is up at the end of next season.

That being said I don't think the need for another PMD is so great that it's worth giving up any top prospects for him. I'd deal something like

Hoffman/Pageau
Filatov/Schneider
3rd/4th rd pick

but I doubt Calgary would go for that. It probably depends how badly they want to get rid of him.

So Hoffman, Filatov and a 4th? I'm not big on Bouwmeester, but I'd do that deal.

... That being said, if we ever offered that to Calgary, Feaster's response would undoubtedly be:
36334112.jpg

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Bouwmeester is a good mobile d-man and gets to much hate on HF imo, if Calgary is looking to unload that contract I would be interested but I doubt they will.

I think he would be really good in MacLean's system considering how mobile he is.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
So Hoffman, Filatov and a 4th? I'm not big on Bouwmeester, but I'd do that deal.

... That being said, if we ever offered that to Calgary, Feaster's response would undoubtedly be:
36334112.jpg

Let's be fair here: Bouwmeester is overpaid and has been disappointing (that phrase actually describes pretty much everyone on the team outside Iginla and maybe Kiprusoff). He's signed for #1 D-man money, and clearly isn't capable of filling that role.

Plus like I said, we're not desperate for PMD's right now. Also I think we could probably get Ballard from the Canucks for even less than that lowball offer for Bouwmeester.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he appeared on the team, I wouldn't complain. But I think for the assets required to get him (both player/picks and money) I'd rather not make a play for him. People saying he wouldn't help the team are crazy, but I don't think the help he'd bring would offset what we have to give up, so pass.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Let's be fair here: Bouwmeester is overpaid and has been disappointing (that phrase actually describes pretty much everyone on the team outside Iginla and maybe Kiprusoff). He's signed for #1 D-man money, and clearly isn't capable of filling that role.

Plus like I said, we're not desperate for PMD's right now. Also I think we could probably get Ballard from the Canucks for even less than that lowball offer for Bouwmeester.
Let's be reality they will ask for at least one of Zibanejad, Silfverberg or 1st.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If we want a Bouwmeester why don't we just sign a top 4 defenseman to a 6.6M deal in the offseason? Offer a defenseman like Streit 6.6M instead of trading major assets for an overpaid top 4 defender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad