Thoughts on Anh's Chistov please!!

Kavliary2000

Nov 22, 2004
Thinking of picking up Chistov in a keeper league.

Will he get Top 6 minutes this season?

Does he still have the potential to be an offsensive threat?

Can he score 30Gs in 06-07?

Just looking for opinions...pros and cons...

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Thinking of picking up Chistov in a keeper league.

Will he get Top 6 minutes this season?

Most likely. Depending on how he performs in camp and how much he's improved he could end up on the top line, Anaheim is weak at left wing.

Probably moreso than before.

Can he? Yes. Will he? Probably not.

Just looking for opinions...pros and cons...

From when I saw him before the lockout and him leaving for Russia...

Pros: Game is basically tailor-made for the new NHL, but that is what they said about St. Louis as well; extremely fast with shifty speed; good hands and finishing ability
Cons: Average to weak defensively; soft; looking at his stats in Metallurg and Cincinatti the past two years, he's started taking a lot of penalties; doesn't shoot as much as he should

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Given that he scored 11 goals in 47 games in a slightly-better-than-AHL league last year (19 goals/82 games) and had trouble scoring at better than a 15-goal clip in the AHL, it would seem unlikely.

His skill level just isn't what it was cracked up to be when he was drafted. Maybe he could score 40-50 points in the NHL with top-6 icetime, but that isn't enough when you're as small, soft, and weak defensively as Chistov. He needs to score 60-70 points to be a solid player relative to his lack of intangibles, and I don't see it happening. Samsonov produces at roughly that level, and Chistov just isn't the player Samsonov is and never will be.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Chistov easily has the potential to equal or better Samsonov's totals. Sammy is another player with a tremendous skill set who has never put up the numbers to match his talent. They are similar types of players and I don't find it difficult to imagine Chistov putting up 70-75 pts in 3-4 years. Keep in mind that's the best Samsonov has ever been able to do. Chistov will start as a top six forward, and it's really up to him what he'll produce this year. If his heart is in it expect big things. He's a home run or a miss, but worth a later pick for sure.

Randall Graves*

Given that he scored 11 goals in 47 games in a slightly-better-than-AHL league last year (19 goals/82 games) and had trouble scoring at better than a 15-goal clip in the AHL, it would seem unlikely.

His skill level just isn't what it was cracked up to be when he was drafted. Maybe he could score 40-50 points in the NHL with top-6 icetime, but that isn't enough when you're as small, soft, and weak defensively as Chistov. He needs to score 60-70 points to be a solid player relative to his lack of intangibles, and I don't see it happening. Samsonov produces at roughly that level, and Chistov just isn't the player Samsonov is and never will be.
He was very unhappy then, since going to Russia it *appears* he's matured a bit, he had a very solid year in Russia so I won't write him off until I see how he plays this year.

I hate Jon Sim

Jul 29, 2006
I saw him play in AHL and looked like he wasn't breaking a sweat and didn't produce at all and for some reason I despise him and I don't know why

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I saw him play in AHL and looked like he wasn't breaking a sweat and didn't produce at all and for some reason I despise him and I don't know why

Would you like to come to the league of your dreams and earn money equivalent of what you got at home, and then get sent down to a league sub the league you played in at home and get paid in tapioka?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad