Those who "should" have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMW814

Feb 21, 2005
Florida
My cousin, Ryan Blaney, was real good. He was in the Tampa junior circuit and was always captain. Just a flat out grinder, scored goals when necessary, and never afraid to scrap. He decided education was more important, so he went to USF, and he coaches a mite league. I don't think he has played in a league for a while, but coaching has kept him on the ice. He is about to get a major in communitcation, so should either get involved with another team or get into tv/radio.

P.S.: Is the SPHL (Southern (USA) Pro Hockey League) - www.thesphl.com - a good league for someone like him to tryout to get back into the hockey circuit? I think a few guys have made it from there to the ECHL...

mistereman

Mar 13, 2005
kerrly said:
Todd Holt. Any of you follow the Swift Current Broncos over the last decade should know who he is. I didn't grow up with him, but have become good friends with him over the last couple years since I played on a senior team with him. Now he plays in Horse Lake, with Theo Fluery who also happens to be his cousin.

I've played with an against many people who have gone onto do well in hockey. A couple guys I know right now are in the NHL, and a few more in the AHL, and a couple of my hometown friends are in the NCAA. But Todd Holt was by far the most skilled player I have ever seen and to this day it has not diminished, he lit up our league last year like crazy.

I believe he is still Swift Current's all-time career scoring leader.

And still one heck of a hockey player......he really stands out on a talented Horse Lake team!

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Christian Larrivée.. Was the captain of my team in Gaspé.
Was drafted i think it was the 4th or 5 th round by the Montreal Canadiens.
Is in the ECHL now.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
mistereman said:
I believe he is still Swift Current's all-time career scoring leader.

And still one heck of a hockey player......he really stands out on a talented Horse Lake team!

Yes he is the all-time scoring leader (over Joe Sakic I might add). And he is doing very well on the Horse Lake team. The year before I played with him on a senior team. His point totals were ridiculous, 6 or 7 points games for him were not uncommon in the least.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
I used to play with a guy named Mike Pavelski, who everybody thought was a sure-fire NHLer. Had a lot of talent, but more than anything else was an extremely disciplined and focused player - the kind of guy you knew was going to find a way to succeed no matter what the situation, the kind of guy you want out on the ice for the last shift of a close game. I think he was drafted by the Flyers, but I lost track of him after that. Never knew where he wound up.

I always thought he was probably the best player ever to come out of my little Wisconsin hometown, until the other day I noticed there's a kid named Joe Pavelski lighting it up the Badgers. I googled the kid this morning, and sure enough, he's Mike's son. Mike may never have made it to the NHL, but it looks like his genes will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->