Fantasy: Those in an HF Sharks fantasy league...

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
I find the interface unintuitive and frustrating. I have barely paid attention to that team other then taking 2 hours a week just to set my line up.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I don't mind Fantrax, but definitely prefer Yahoo. Much easier to manage your team.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I do like a bunch of other things about fantrax but it really is just setting the lineups has been annoying.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sorry, guys. I thought you would like it. :(

There really aren't many other options other than this or Yahoo, and you guys probably know about the Yahoo security thingy.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Not a fan – but I'm glad we tried something other than Yahoo.

Fantrax needs to update the Team page to reflect the updates to the rest of the site. I know it's in the works, but it's lagging. That would make a big difference. I find the Fantrax mobile app completely unuseable.

I vote for ESPN next season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would like to go to ESPN for my fantasy needs. It's a great interface (Like Yahoo's actually) other than I'm always confused about the playoff brackets. If we do have to use Yahoo, that's fine, but I'm not a fan of it anymore and the security thing does make it untrustworthy.

As for Fantrax, it's ok. Not really intuitive though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not a fan – but I'm glad we tried something other than Yahoo.

Fantrax needs to update the Team page to reflect the updates to the rest of the site. I know it's in the works, but it's lagging. That would make a big difference. I find the Fantrax mobile app completely unuseable.

I vote for ESPN next season.

Like I mentioned in the OP, ESPN doesn't offer that many stat categories. I mean, we could try it if people want, but if you guys don't like Fantrax, it'll probably be back to Yahoo.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Like I mentioned in the OP, ESPN doesn't offer that many stat categories. I mean, we could try it if people want, but if you guys don't like Fantrax, it'll probably be back to Yahoo.

Aren't the stats custom made? Can you tell ESPN what stats you want to use? Seems like they should be at least at Yahoo's level when it comes to that kind of thing.

According to their site, they are available.

http://games.espn.com/fhl/content?page=fhlrulesscoringcustom2010

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Aren't the stats custom made? Can you tell ESPN what stats you want to use? Seems like they should be at least at Yahoo's level when it comes to that kind of thing.

Yeah, you could customize which categories you use, but there aren't that many options. These are them:

Goals (G)
Assists (A)
Plus/Minus (+/-)
Points - Goals/Assists (PTS)
Penalty Minutes (PIM)
Power-play Goals (PPG)
Power-play Points (PPP)
Power-play Assists (PPA)
Short-handed Goals (SHG)
Short-handed Assists (SHA)
Game Winning Goals (GWG)
Face-Offs Won (FOW)
Face-Offs Lost (FOL)
Shifts Played (SHFT)
Time on Ice (TOI)
Average Time on Ice (ATOI)
Hat Tricks (HAT)
Shots on Goal (SOG)
Games Played (GP)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Yeah, you could customize which categories you use, but there aren't that many options. These are them:

Goals (G)
Assists (A)
Plus/Minus (+/-)
Points - Goals/Assists (PTS)
Penalty Minutes (PIM)
Power-play Goals (PPG)
Power-play Points (PPP)
Power-play Assists (PPA)
Short-handed Goals (SHG)
Short-handed Assists (SHA)
Game Winning Goals (GWG)
Face-Offs Won (FOW)
Face-Offs Lost (FOL)
Shifts Played (SHFT)
Time on Ice (TOI)
Average Time on Ice (ATOI)
Hat Tricks (HAT)
Shots on Goal (SOG)
Games Played (GP)

Never mind that was 2010 I think. Weird they took those off. I wonder why.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
ESPN's interface is great, but it lacks the customization ability Fantrax and even Yahoo has.

Fantrax is okay, but there are times when setting lineups is a pain due to the Move function not detecting mouse clicks. It also freezes if you made changes to your lineup and forgot to hit the Submit Changes button causing you to close and reopen the site in a new tab/window.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I appreciate wanting to try something new, but I have not been a fan at all. I recommend going back to Yahoo or trying ESPN.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I liked Yahoo better for the following reasons.
- Single button to set active players to your lineup.
- Option to list stats by averages. Nice when evaluating players that have missed several games over the season.
- Frantrax's website seems a little sluggish and unresponsive some times.
- Yahoo has a nice dedicated smartphone app.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
I have had so many problems with fantrax on my devices. I appreciate attempting to create a better experience for everyone, but it pretty much killed my interest in fantasy this season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking because everyone likes Yahoo I might create a new account specifically for Yahoo fantasy and nothing else, especially if we do baseball on yahoo (even though I looked at the categories on ESPN and they seemed to have what we use). Then once the fantasy hockey season is over and I just deactivate my old Yahoo account and that will get rid of the email issue. I admit Yahoo fantasy is very intuitive (once they finally allowed landscape on the ipad) but I still don't like the site. Just go to like Yahoo sports and see how bad it is. It's like other than the bloggers they fired everyone else and now just take stories from other sources. What happened to Yahoo sports and finance could almost be billed as a tragedy.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Initially there were a lot of roster add/drop issues for me with Fantrax. But now it's not so bad. The main problem I have is not being able to view stats in the form of averages (unless if I'm missing something or didn't look hard enough).

Overall, it's not that bad. Just one of those things where I think people are so used to playing on a certain format and style that the new one takes some getting used to.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
In a couple very deep keeper leagues that use Fantrax and I love it. Single season though I would stick with Yahoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad