Thornton says Matthews should be up for the Rocket, Selke, and Hart - PART 2

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's having a great season. The Hart and Rocket are in his wheelhouse. The Selke though? I can't see it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He's having a great season. The Hart and Rocket are in his wheelhouse. The Selke though? I can't see it.

He's shooting at an unsustainable 23%. He will cool down. When, who knows. He's on fire right now and playing in the North is also def helping. He should win the rocket but the hart? If McDavid puts up like 25-30 more points in the end. Nope.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
This argument is so stupid. These are two of the top three or four (conservatively) players in the world. Why is it always a pissing match? Just enjoy these generational players for what they are.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Connor McDavid honestly looks like he could sweep Hart, Art Ross and Rocket right now.

It's been many years since I've seen a single player impact the game to this level. Young Ovechkin and Crosby come to mind, but I think this might be even better.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hmmm??

McDavid has 17 1st assists of his 25 (68%), while Matthews has 6 1st assists of his 11 (54.5%). An interesting argument point for sure.

These guys are literally just making things up without verifying anything, yet when the actual facts get pointed out it’s “insecurity” for pointing out facts and ruining their false narratives.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Seeing a lot of similarities between McDavid fanboys and Laine’s lately.:laugh:

Joe Thornton hates McDavid, confirmed.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Seeing a lot of similarities between McDavid fanboys and Laine’s lately.:laugh:

Joe Thornton hates McDavid, confirmed.

If anything, wouldn’t Leafs fans be the Laineiacs in your thought experiment?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He's shooting at an unsustainable 23%. He will cool down. When, who knows. He's on fire right now and playing in the North is also def helping. He should win the rocket but the hart? If McDavid puts up like 25-30 more points in the end. Nope.

If he regresses to his career GPG starting tonight he ends up with 39 goals. If he regresses to last years GPG starting tonight he ends up with 43 goals.

I think its safe to say he will end up with a higher shotting % and higher GPG than his career average, so 45 goals (66 goal pace) doesn't seem a stretch by any means, which typing out just seems crazy.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If anything, wouldn’t Leafs fans be the Laineiacs in your thought experiment?

We don’t talk about McDavid in our threads, let alone title PGT’s with his name.

We also don’t throw tantrums when he has a good season and gets MVP hype.

So no.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So, can we say the same thing about McDavid and the Hart?
Shhh.

If they admit McDavid is playing in the same division as Matthews then they have to admit one of two things. Either McDavid and Dra are having incredibly bad years or Matthews and Marner are playing at a comparable level this year. Both are too terrible to admit.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Where on earth did you come up with the bolded from? I'm pretty sure every Oilers fan knows you can't win the Hart without playoffs, hence why Taylor Hall won the Hart a couple years ago.

Winning the Hart while missing the playoffs isn't impossible but still, it rarely happens. Are you new to following the NHL?

That issue non-withstanding, thinking anyone's a lock for any major NHL award this early in the season is just nutso.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This argument is so stupid. These are two of the top three or four (conservatively) players in the world. Why is it always a pissing match? Just enjoy these generational players for what they are.
Debates in sports on who is top dog have been going on for ever.
Who says you can't debate AND "enjoy these generational talents"
I enjoyed Mario and Gretzky. Debates were non stop.
Sid and OV. Still enjoying them. Debates and all.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
We don’t talk about McDavid in our threads, let alone title PGT’s with his name.

We also don’t throw tantrums when he has a good season and gets MVP hype.

So no.

That first part isn’t true at all lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad