Thornton for MVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don't know what kind of reception you get on the French CBC but I noticed lecavalier line was hemmed in their own zone ALOT... I believe they gave up the 1st goal even-strength.

Vinny played GREAT... don't get me wrong - his line was just more of a defensive liability that either of the Joe's line....

I don't know if you are suggesting that Quinn is biased -that is just stupid- but the fact is that I would have played him less too (today) because his line wasn't keeping the puck in the right zone....

End of story.

Good for Vinny though - I am happy for him.

St. Louis sucked too -should Quinn have played him more in hoped he snapped out of it??..

Negative.... you go with the reliable/hot hand.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I understand your post and that's fine. I never leave a fair talk.

I wasnt trying to say Quinn is biaised at all. He decided to play more of Thornton line all night long for defensive purpose and that is what i was disliking.

You got to be happy with the result but i dont think you can honestly say you are entirely happy with coaching decisions when your team switch from a dominating (huge one) team to a team that have need to prevent his 1 goal lead by defensive coverage and even have need a 1 overtime goal. I used to think i'm not alone in that way as there have been some reports of "engage" discussions between Quinn, Hitchcock and Martin about the strategie to used in the last game. (That's no big news still since it's just plain normal 3 heads coachs will have some different opinions on some subjects).

All my point was more about the way many people I know feel: There are many who said and repeat: We are the best team because we know how to keep our leads. OUR DEF is the best.

Yes, our Def is the best. So is goaltending AND OFFENSE.

I was happy with the win anyways and happy about Thornton play but you will also note that before the game against Finland yesterday. The idea of matching Thornton against Koivu was not exactly the most sure thing in the world as Thornton has never been able to win against Mtl with The Bruins (That's 2 differents things of course) But still: "Hey i'll match Thornton against Koivu 'cause he's been so great against him in the last 3 years and forget about me having the best offense. :help:

Feel free to answer as i'm sure many will disagree and that's fine. Point to me where i'm plain wrong and i'll be happy to adjust my way of thinking in regard to others points i might have forget.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:
I don't know what kind of reception you get on the French CBC but I noticed lecavalier line was hemmed in their own zone ALOT... I believe they gave up the 1st goal even-strength.

Vinny played GREAT... don't get me wrong - his line was just more of a defensive liability that either of the Joe's line....

I don't know if you are suggesting that Quinn is biased -that is just stupid- but the fact is that I would have played him less too (today) because his line wasn't keeping the puck in the right zone....

End of story.

Good for Vinny though - I am happy for him.

St. Louis sucked too -should Quinn have played him more in hoped he snapped out of it??..

Negative.... you go with the reliable/hot hand.

Also St. Louis line was a different thing since it's was kind of a smaller line.

Lecavalier line never have the time to even start playing well. To have confidence in a game like that, you have to play. But i'll agree Heatley was overally disapointing yesterday for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->