TSN: Thornton fine looks so idiotic. Parros is a tool

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
NHL figured out that Jumbo is our secret weapon? not gonna be scoring but gooning it up and beating the shit out of opposition whinny asses?

DAMN!

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wasn't the Edler suspension the first suspension on a play against us in over a decade or something? The NHL's darling softest/dirtiest team strikes again.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I’ll just go find dozens of hits worse that went by without a look now. Parros really got the brains knocked out of him by Colton Orr for sure
Toronto Maple Leafs F Joe Thornton fined for interference on Winnipeg Jets F Mathieu Perreault - TSN.ca
Did anyone ever hear tell of a interference fine before, I don’t remember one lol. Getting even because he couldn’t find a way to let Edler off the hook. All the boys can chip in $125 each and pay it for him. Good stuff Joe.

What? Wait!!!! WTF!!!! Winnipeg has a team?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The call on the ice was 'interference', but that's a bit of a red herring as far as the fine goes. Joe got his elbow up, and got the head. A review was warranted regardless of the original call, and the fine is minimal.

Some fans from various other teams were calling for a suspension, which was unlikely and unjustified.

I'm ok with it.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
It was a penalty. Not sure it should have been a fine. It was no worse than the Galchenyuk hit in terms of severity and if it wasn't super late, it shouldn't even be a penalty.

We've had worse against us and the refs and league did nothing about it.

Did Galchenyuk apologize for the accidental head shot....if so pretty classy, looked like Lowry sorta gave him an its okay back pat. I Could be totally wrong.

Reactions: The Cobra

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Did anyone ever hear tell of a interference fine before, I don’t remember one lol.
Month and a half ago, March 2, Nino Niedereiter gota fine for interference against Jusse Saros.
Could argue goaltender interference is different, but last season Ryan Lindgren got a fine for interfering with Jordan Eberle, and the year before Robert Hagg got one on Cedric Paquette

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad