Thomas vs Price (Sorta)

straka91*

No yt yet but man talk about a lame fight. Was so pumped when Thomas came down the ice then thier hug session happened.:shakehead

Crazy game. Very entertaining.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That was pathetic. You can tell the goalies were just doing it for the novelty of the thing. A staged goalie fight, if you were.

AHockeyGameBrokeOut*

Price: "Did you see the Penguins-Islanders game the other day?"
Thomas: "Yeah, I saw that! That fight between Johnson and DiPietro"
Price: "Man, I wanna be in a goalie fight too!"
Thomas: "Me too, but I'm not sure how good I would be at this fighting thing"
Price: "It's okay, we can fake it, just get down here and we'll pull each other's jerseys, like that Stortini guy"
Thomas: "I'm in, let's do it!"

straka91*

Price: "It's okay, we can fake it, just get down here and we'll pull each other's jerseys, like that Stortini guy"

:laugh::laugh: Pretty much describes it.

montreal-myk

May 13, 2007
Price had Thomas down at one point, he shoulda started lacing at him just like the bruins did against the much smaller non fighting habs at the end of that match.

bauerguy88

Oct 22, 2008
North East

hahaha.

Yea that is great.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010

:laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Thomas was really into it first but he quickly figured out that anything he threw up high would just go right past Price.

Stradale

Sep 6, 2006
Thomas after the game: " I didn't want to get Rick Dipetro'd".

:biglaugh:

I love the guy and I'm a Habs fan.

Props to Price for not throwing any punch when Thomas was down. You can tell they didn't really want to do it. After the end of the period, they even gave a little tap on each others pad with their stick. Great sportsmanship.

Jumbo*

Win.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
"He fought with 'fighter's manners,' as far as not hitting you when you're down," Thomas said. "We were just in the all-star game together.

"We're on friendly terms. It was business. But once business is done, it's done."

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Price could have absolutely laid into him at the end, but held off. Too bad, would've been awesome if he'd thrown a bomb or two.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Price could have absolutely laid into him at the end, but held off. Too bad, would've been awesome if he'd thrown a bomb or two.

I don't think he wanted to see pissed off Timmeh. He wouldn't like him when he's angry.

It was bad luck that Price's Jersey came over his head. It really threw Timmy off balance.
Price probably couldn't have thrown much of a bomb with his Jersey down over his arms anyway, and if he let go of Timmy to throw some, he would have been free to throw some of his own.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
love thomas, and good on price. man's behavior right there on both sides but seeing what happened later in the game, i wish price would have wreck his face.

there i said it.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Price wasn't taking him serious at all, it was kinda funny. He didn't want to break the old mans dentures but timmah wanted to be like the rest of the clowns.

punkr0x

Jul 2, 2009
Why were they allowed to finish the game? I thought goalies always got ejected for leaving the crease to fight.

FuriousBob

Jul 21, 2009
Props to Price not to destroy Thomas face. 6 inches and 20 lbs more than thomas and he is really younger than him to, he could of landed one punch and destroy him but he didn't. That's a class act.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
What is with goalies smiling at each other while fighting like it's a friekin joke...and I'm not talking about a "Barnaby" smile.

This might as well have been an event in the skills competition for all the meaning behind it.

I am embarrassed.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Yeah that "fight" was a joke. Price should have wailed away on Thomas if they really wanted to fight instead of a staged dance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->