Value of: Thomas Vanek & Brian Campbell signing with hawks

mhstudios

May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I really can see this happening, Vanek will probably get what semin, mike richards & brad richards got then they got bought out. 1-1.5 mil on a 1 year deal and where better to sign with the hawks and go for a stanley cup. same goes for campbell, I think they can do a 2 year 5 mil total (2.5 aav).

What do you think hawks fans, would you do this deal?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
For 1 year of Vanek at like 1M, I'd take a chance.

I'd bet on Campbell being back though.

Last edited:

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Whether Vanek wants to take less money would be his decision, but I’d imagine there’d be teams willing to pay much more than 1-1.5 mil on a 1 year deal.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
we had this talk on the hawks board - i believe the general consensus was that we would prefer to pass on vanek at any cost.

Group Chat Legend*

Can we stop with the thread titles that come off as fact or rumor?

Some of us use mobile and cannot see anything but the title, so when you say 'Vanek and Campbell signing in Chicago' it definitely comes off as factual.

And now I have wasted five minutes of my life.

JonSnow

Jun 8, 2016
I really can see this happening, Vanek will probably get what semin, mike richards & brad richards got then they got bought out. 1-1.5 mil on a 1 year deal and where better to sign with the hawks and go for a stanley cup. same goes for campbell, I think they can do a 2 year 5 mil total (2.5 aav).

What do you think hawks fans, would you do this deal?

Campbell will get double that on the open market.

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
Personally I would not mind Vanek on a 1 year $1 million deal. We have squat on the top line with Toews right now. Campbell is unlikely to sign a multi-year deal and be exposed in expansion draft. I see a 1 year deal in his future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad