Thomas Pock

Status
Not open for further replies.

petec1978*

Because he is European he will have to be drafted, he is not an impending free agent. My suspicion is that he may be one of the early prizes on the 2nd day of the draft.

-Pete Choquette

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
petec1978 said:
Because he is European he will have to be drafted, he is not an impending free agent. My suspicion is that he may be one of the early prizes on the 2nd day of the draft.

-Pete Choquette

Funny, so was Peter Sejna. But he was signed as a FA before he could be drafted.

bobbyorr4ever: Yes he is. His defensive skills are pretty good, but I wouldn't say that it's exceptional. But one area where he IS exceptional is in his skating.

The Austrian

petec1978 said:

-Pete Choquette

a few weeks ago, he told a good friend of mine, that he will be a free agent. i´m sure that thommy himself knows his status. don´t ya think ?

Katana

Mar 1, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
Aki Fan said:
wasnt Sejna playing in the USHL at his draft age?

Sejna was playing in the USHL when he was 20. DesMoines Buccaneers.

Thomas Pöck's UMass Minutemen upset the UNH Wildcats in the Hockey East semifinals last night. UMass rallied for four third-period goals to defeat New Hampshire, 5-2, and Pöck had one of them.They play the Maine Black Bears tonight in the final.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres pick up another Austrian if it means they can team Pöck up with Vanek.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
After much debate, Pock WILL be a free agent.

The thing that seperates Sejna and Pock is Sejna played in the USHL as an 18-year old, Pock played in a European league.

But since he was in N.A. as a 19 and 20 year old, Pock will be a free agent.

petec1978*

Redline had an article earlier this year expressly pointing out Pock would have to be drafted, as I recall.

-Pete Choquette

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The CBA says that a player may not be drafted if:

He is 21 or older and has played at least one season in North America when he was 18, 19, or 20.

Going by that, it seems Pock will be a free agent.

Last edited:

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
petec1978 said:
Redline had an article earlier this year expressly pointing out Pock would have to be drafted, as I recall.

-Pete Choquette

Since Red Line is never wrong ;)

Anyway, I've checked with the NHL Central Registry... Pock is a free agent

And Pete... as this other posted said about the CBA...
(iv)a player age 21 or older who played hockey for at least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19 or 20.

Pock played in North America at 19 and 20 so he is no longer eligible to be drafted. Where he played in his draft year has no bearing. RLR was trying to claim it only mattered where he played as an 18-year old but that is wrong.

Pock is a free agent, I can guarantee it.

Last edited:

petec1978*

HAHA... man you don't give up.

No, I just don't have a horse in this race and when push comes to shove don't give a damn whether he's a FA or not. I'm only posting what I have directly documented from a major media source, which none of you have produced. If Redline is wrong, so be it...

-Pete Choquette

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
petec1978 said:
No, I just don't have a horse in this race and when push comes to shove don't give a damn whether he's a FA or not. I'm only posting what I have directly documented from a major media source, which none of you have produced. If Redline is wrong, so be it...

-Pete Choquette

Well some of us have gone to other sources then Red Line.

I don't have a horse in the race either at this time just trying to get people the facts. RLR is unfortunately wrong and they to will not admit they are wrong.

petec1978*

Well some of us have gone to other sources then Red Line.

Last I checked HF has a board policy against posting of unsourced rumors.

-Pete Choquette

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
petec1978 said:
Last I checked HF has a board policy against posting of unsourced rumors.

-Pete Choquette

http://letsgopens.com/nhl_cba.php?id=8

8.4. Eligibility for Claim.

(a) All players age 19 or older are eligible for claim in
the Entry Draft, except:

iv)a player age 21 or older who played hockey for at
least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19 or 20.

As has been said, Pock played his 2000-2001 season at Amherst as well as the two following years. He turned 19 during the 2000-2001 season.

Here's the whole thing

http://letsgopens.com/nhl_cba.php

Last edited:

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
SmokeyClause said:
http://letsgopens.com/nhl_cba.php?id=8

8.4. Eligibility for Claim.

(a) All players age 19 or older are eligible for claim in
the Entry Draft, except:

iv)a player age 21 or older who played hockey for at
least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19 or 20.

Here's the whole thing

http://letsgopens.com/nhl_cba.php

It's not a major media outlet! just kidding ;)

No but seriously, why do we need a "major media outlet" like Red Line when we can all just read the CBA and see that it CLEARLY says he is a free agent.

What is the question? This shouldn't even be a question anymore... I brought it up when RLR wrote it, then got conflicting answers but then got firm answers.

Pete... are you JUST going on what RLR says or do you have something else (i.e. you read the CBA different)?

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
It's not a major media outlet! just kidding ;)

No but seriously, why do we need a "major media outlet" like Red Line when we can all just read the CBA and see that it CLEARLY says he is a free agent.

What is the question? This shouldn't even be a question anymore... I brought it up when RLR wrote it, then got conflicting answers but then got firm answers.

Pete... are you JUST going on what RLR says or do you have something else (i.e. you read the CBA different)?

The only way he's draft eligible is if this version of the CBA is incorrect or there is an addendum to rule 8.4.A.IV that I haven't found.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
SmokeyClause said:
The only way he's draft eligible is if this version of the CBA is incorrect or there is an addendum to rule 8.4.A.IV that I haven't found.

It hasn't been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->