Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
BlackJack21 said:
What about him?

His 4 pts in 6 game in the NHL are fluke?

Skating?
Defensive skills?
Toughness?

BJ21

Fluke? Too Early to tell, but my guess is no.

Skating - excellent

Defensive skills - good

Toughness - if you're asking if he's a physical type of player, then no.

Steve Latin*

BlackJack21 said:
What about him?

His 4 pts in 6 game in the NHL are fluke?

Skating?
Defensive skills?
Toughness?

BJ21

How could 4 pts in 6 games in the NHL possibly be a fluke? I mean, look how sold everyone is on Svatos after his 2 pts in 4 regular season games and his 6 points in the playoffs. He's going to be the next Tanguay!

S L

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Steve Latin said:
How could 4 pts in 6 games in the NHL possibly be a fluke? I mean, look how sold everyone is on Svatos after his 2 pts in 4 regular season games and his 6 points in the playoffs. He's going to be the next Tanguay!

S L

I assume you are kidding... :D

I know he wont maintain this average in his carreer...

I just want to know is he have 1st pairing potential as his NCAA and early NHL stats seems to say.

We all knew Marcell hossa was not a 1st line scoring foward even after his 6G (or something) in 5 games. I wanted to know it's the samething here cause I dont know hi very much.

I dont want to know if he will be... I want to know if he have to potential to be... or not...

BJ21

Prucha73

The only question about Pock is his defense, he is a converted forward, he only played 2 seasons as a defenseman, but he already looked better defensively than Poti.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
well, one of his two goals was a fluke...it was a good shot but you're not gonna beat many NHL goaltenders with wrist shots from the blueline :D

but he got some PP time i think and got a few assists and his other goal was a beauty of a play between him and his partner at the time, rachunek. rachunek took the puck deep and behind the net and pock slid down to recieve a great pass from behind the net and one timed it right past the goalie. not often you see two defensemen team up like that for a goal down deep and there could have been problems if he didn't score, but it was still a beauty play :)

anyways, kid is a real fast skater going forward...really fast, really quick, caught elias on a breakaway and took him out. his forward skating is NHL caliber by a longshot no question. but since he hasn't been a defenseman for very long (only 2 years) he hasn't gotten the strong backward skating and pivot work down pat yet. supposedly he was working hard on that this summer and at the rangers prospect camps. he still has to grow into the defenseman role a bit but for a converted forward he's remarkably good at it in a lot of ways.

he showed a definate dedication to the defensive aspect of the position and distinguised himself (to me) from just being a pure offensive defenseman. he's probably never gonna be stellar at the defensive side but i think he'll hold his own. he's not small but he's probably not gonna be a bruiser or be able to handle the big guys in the NHL in front of the net real easy...but he's game and tries hard and that helps.

from all reports he's been one of the most impressive prospects at the rangers camps this summer and while it sounded like the rangers at the end of last year had him slotted for hartford this year...he has a legit chance to crack the rangers lineup if there's a season. depends on who else they might sign but as of right now the rangers really have 2 open spots on D, meaning kondratiev and pock could both make it into the regular lineup (kondratiev is the guy pock would probably have to beat out if there was only one spot up for grabs).

to shorten all this down...i'd say he'll be an average defenseman with above average offense. he's not gonna kill you on defense and he'll put up points...not elite but could be a real solid 2nd pair guy

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
He isnt a bone crusher but his d is underrated. He uses his body well to box out guys and keep them to the outside.

rebuildthis

Sep 3, 2004
Monroe, NJ
when i think about pock, i think of the very last game when they were playing washington?(not sure) i think they were on the PP and it was OT and he made a friggin sweet pass to holik in front of the net to end the season.

Prucha73

pavel datsyuk said:
so did Bure.

Point is I think he will be at least as good as Poti, but probably better because he is willing to play physical.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Steve Latin said:

S L
Pock and Matt Hussey are the FUTURE of the NHL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad