Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
The Austrian said:
What do ya think about him ?

he is IMO the best offensiv defender in the NCAA. do you think that he can make it to the NHL or AHL ??

i think he can make it...

i think he's at least the potential to play in the AHL ...

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Johnny Danger said:
i think he's at least the potential to play in the AHL ...
I think a comparison to Tom Preissing is legit. If he focuses on defense, he could become an NHLer. I don't know if he is able to score as well in the big leagues...

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
Fan.At said:
I think a comparison to Tom Preissing is legit. If he focuses on defense, he could become an NHLer. I don't know if he is able to score as well in the big leagues...

but there are quite a few players who came as undrafted FAs out of college and made the NHL (Madden, St.Louis, Rafalski, Boyle, McDonald, etc) ... i think he has a chance ... :yo:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Johnny Danger said:
but there are quite a few players who came as undrafted FAs out of college and made the NHL (Madden, St.Louis, Rafalski, Boyle, McDonald, etc) ... i think he has a chance ... :yo:
He definitly has. But I remember Andre Lakos who was once considered a top 4 defenseman for the Devils and now plays in Austria...

Goalie27*

I've watched Pock play a few times and every time I've seen him he's been the best player on the ice (including the game I saw him play against BC). He's a great leader and the heart of the UMass team. I'd say he has a good chance to be successful in the AHL and possibly play in the NHL sometime.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I don't think he can sign until the NCAA season is over. Doubt there will be any talks until then.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Pock is considered one of the top college FA's this season.

I'm sure a lot more than the NJ Devils are interested in him.

Plus, no negotiations can happen between any NHL team and Pock (or his advisors) until his NCAA season is completed.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
There's a lot to like about Pock. He's got decent size, a scoring touch (4th in the NCAA... as a defenseman, that's rather rare), and he's only just turned 22 in December. He'll get a shot at playing in the bigs. Hartigan did as a 24 year old, so Pock can too.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Voodoo Daddy said:
Any official word on wether or not Pock has to go through the draft?

STILL waiting.

I've made at least 10 phone calls/e-mails regarding the issue. Guess nobody likes me :dunno:

popperbolt*

The Austrian said:
on an austrian hockey page you can read that he hast to got through the draft. because he played in austria till he was 18, and so he has to be drafted to play in the NHL.

which round do ya think he can be draftet? first - second ??

anything but late 2nd or early 3rd would surprise me, honestly
:dunno:

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
popperBOLT said:
anything but late 2nd or early 3rd would surprise me, honestly
:dunno:

He will likely be a 3rd/4th rounder.

The thing here is... this pick is going to pay immediate dividends for whichever organization picks him unlike other 3rd or 4th rounders where it could be 2-4 years before sign their name to the dotted line. So that instantly makes him a higher pick then he would be if he was 18/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->