Thomas placed on IR

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I agree its too early to label Markstrom anything, but even the staunchest Markstrom fan would have to be slightly concerned about how he has performed so far. It isn't going how we all expected right? If he was as good as we all thought he'd already be top 10 in the league?

I am slightly concerned, but I still think the bashing of Markstrom is way overboard. It's a joke some people are already calling him a bust. At 23 and with 41 GP. Yeah, ok guys. His game against the Blues was a very bad game. But. Half those shots, and half of all shots thrown at him this season pretty much, should never have gone in....because they should never have been allowed to come at him. If we had an actual NHL defense, Markstrom would be doing much better. Put him on L.A., Boston, Chicago, etc., and Markstrom's stats would be much better and he really wouldn't be being criticized at all. This team right now is a very bad place for a developing 23 year old goalie to be on. It's what I was afraid of in the off-season when we didn't upgrade the defense.

Markstrom clearly has to work on some things. He's not where we expected him to be at this point. However, that does not mean he's a bust. He still shows a ton of promise. He needs some refinement to bring his game to the next level. It's certainly achievable. It's not unheard of. He has the raw tools that 99.99999% of goalies would kill to have. He's 6'6", shaped like Gumby with lightning quick movements. He definitely has the potential to still be a very good NHL goalie. It's dumb to even think of giving up on him at this point. He may not ever be a top 10 goalie, although it's still possible, but he could still be a core piece of a SC team.

I don't really care if he gets sent to the AHL or stays up with the Panthers at this point. At least in the AHL he could regain some confidence.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How's Thomas coming along guys.

Any updates on a possible return?

He's been pretty solid when he plays (other than his whacky style of sliding all over the place) but his injuries are starting to worry us around here. I think the majority would agree we feel the most confident with him in net as Markstrom hasn't been performing to the hype that surrounds him.

Dineen said he skated over the weekend and today so I'd love to see him against Bruins Thursday night. We had a really good game against them last time only to lose with :59 left in the game.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
He's been pretty solid when he plays (other than his whacky style of sliding all over the place) but his injuries are starting to worry us around here. I think the majority would agree we feel the most confident with him in net as Markstrom hasn't been performing to the hype that surrounds him.

Dineen said he skated over the weekend and today so I'd love to see him against Bruins Thursday night. We had a really good game against them last time only to lose with :59 left in the game.

Did they ever say what was wrong with him anyway? Was it the groin again (seen conflicting reports on this), the knee, passing gas?:help:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Did they ever say what was wrong with him anyway? Was it the groin again (seen conflicting reports on this), the knee, passing gas?:help:

:laugh:, that always seems to help me when I play hockey though!! I didn't hear any update or specific part that was injured, just Dineen stating it WASN'T his groin again. I hope he finds a good hot yoga class to attend sooner than later.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
:laugh:, that always seems to help me when I play hockey though!! I didn't hear any update or specific part that was injured, just Dineen stating it WASN'T his groin again. I hope he finds a good hot yoga class to attend sooner than later.

LOL I just imagined you skating, passing said gas, and flying like hitting the NOS button in Fast n Furious~!~!~:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
LOL I just imagined you skating, passing said gas, and flying like hitting the NOS button in Fast n Furious~!~!~:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Remember this?!?
glow-puck.jpg

Imagine that type of glow as I reach my max speed :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Remember this?!?
glow-puck.jpg

Imagine that type of glow as I reach my max speed :)

HAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Do I ever, I miss the foxtrax..or at least how fun the media surrounding the game was at the time...down to the espn2 roller hockey and pro beach hockey.

Fun time to be a hockey fan indeed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->