Thomas Greiss

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by jcarbone, Jul 21, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. jcarbone

jcarbone Registered User

What's going on with him?
    Will he be seen in the NHL any time soon, he seems to be falling down the Sharks goaltending depth chart. I was always a fan of Greiss think he has some decent NHL upside just wondering what people think the timeline is for him to make the big leagues or is he a bust.

2. sushi45

sushi45 Registered User

Home Page:
    on his Wiki it says he was resigned on July 7th.

I think he was suppose to backup Nitty but then Doug Wilson signed Neimi.

3. The Nemesis

The Nemesis Semper Tyrannus

Awards:
    The Sharks re-signed him this off-season, which was kind of shocking considering he was a Group VI UFA and I thought he'd bolt because the team kind of screwed him over and sent him to Sweden after signing Niemi.

Top goalie prospect Alex Stalock hurt himself pretty badly toward the end of last season and IIRC he won't necessarily be ready to go for the first while of the 11-12 season. So for the time being Greiss is probably the starter in Worcester with Harri Sateri as his backup.

Once Stalock comes back, then the team probably has a problem, because they're kind of loaded up with goalies right now.

He would also more than likely be the NHL backup if the Sharks trade Antero Niittymaki.

4. Evil Janney

Evil Janney Registered User

He's signed a two year deal with San Jose during this off-season. The first year is a two-way contract, and the second year is a one-way. With Niittymaki's contract expiring at the end of this upcoming season, Greiss may spend this year in the minors, and maybe become a backup next year. Or depending on how he performs at training camp or if Doug Wilson trades Niittymaki, then Greiss will more than likely be the number two guy.

I think he's supposed to be ready by September/October...then again I wouldn't put much faith in my memory.

5. sg58

sg58 Registered User

Didn't really make anyone happy in Sweden this past year, over-working every situation.