Value of: Thomas Greiss to Toronto

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
JVR and Soshnikov for Greiss and Kulemin

That's bad for the Leafs. If they're trading JVR it'll be for something they can use going forward... Griess would be the backup and while Kulemin was a well liked Maple Leaf, he's not very attractive making north of 4m.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles are trying to move Halak be use of how fantastic Griess was for us. If it were up to me I'd keep both but of the 2 I'd say Greiss isn't likely moving.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Only problem is Islanders want to dump Halak not Greiss so that's an issue to start. JFB the Islanders 3rd Goaile has a better chance of being packaged and has 675K cheap backup. Islanders don't want to trade JFB but who wants Halak? Halak with a 4.5 mill cap hit 4.750 this year and 5 mill next year...so who wants Him? Islanders are stuck with him!

JFB , Bailey, Mayfield to Leafs For????????

corunnakid

Jun 28, 2016
Only problem is Islanders want to dump Halak not Greiss so that's an issue to start. JFB the Islanders 3rd Goaile has a better chance of being packaged and has 675K cheap backup. Islanders don't want to trade JFB but who wants Halak? Halak with a 4.5 mill cap hit 4.750 this year and 5 mill next year...so who wants Him? Islanders are stuck with him!

JFB , Bailey, Mayfield to Leafs For????????

Berube for Holland + ?

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Greiss would probably cost us more than Andersen did.He outperformed him last year and proved dependable in the playoffs. Many fans have him slated as a starter ahead of Halak and the Isles don't have a Gibson to drive his value down in negotiations.

It's pointless to waste the assets required to land a goalie of his caliber. Especially with the expansion draft on the horizon and his value with the Isles being at an all time high.

We should be targeting a veteran on the downswing of his career or buy low on someone like Niemi that is actively being shopped.

No way Greiss costs a 1st & 2nd, not yet anyway, he will have to maintain this level for another season or two or at least get extended for that to be possible.

The Niemi thing I like IF we pick up a massive piece or two as compensation for taking on a ridiculous contract.

Michalek, Holland
For
Niemi, Honka, conditional 2017 pick*

*should Niemi be claimed in expansion we get a 4th, otherwise we get a 2nd.

Won't happen as the cost is WAY too high for Dallas to pay especially considering the reason to do this is to acquire a starter like Bishop or Fleury which will cost assets but honestly I'd rather Enroth for one year at $2M then Niemi for TWO MORE YEARS.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Best bet just sign Jonas Enroth to a 1 year deal then you don't have to worry about losing him in the expansion draft then you just protect Andersen.

ding ding ding!

Enroth or Ramos.

or grab one of the goalies montreal, winnipeg, or florida tries to push through waivers.

no need to waste assets on a short term backup unless we are dumping laich, michalek, greening etc

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
how many goalies from nhl rosters is Las Vegas allowed to pluck from the unprotected list ?

As well as UFA goalies ?

Leafs backup should be a short term 1 year deal.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Berube for Holland + ?

Why would we be adding? I wouldn't even begin to consider trading Holland one-for-one for Berube. Plus I don't think New York needs more NHL forwards.

I also doubt we'd have a lot of interest in Berube. I don't really see how he's a clear upgrade over the three young goalies we have in our organization, and he's 2 or 3 years older than them. That being said, I also don't see us going after Halak, nor NYI trading Greiss. So there's nothing really there unless there is more than just Berube involved.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
and then we lose greiss in the expansion draft....
just stop

As someone probably pointed out for you already, he's on an expiring contract and will be an UFA.

Losing him in the expansion draft?

Impossible.

And even if it was possible, such goalies are dime a dozen...

He would simply be a stop gap measure to determine if Bibeau could be a back up the season after.

Hrbygnr

Jul 12, 2016
New Brunswick
At this point, I think the Islanders are more comfortable with Greiss as their starter than with Halak, who had major health problems over the years. So what makes you think that the Isles would trade him?

Greiss proved himself in the playoffs and really with a healthy Halak a platoon system could work in Broklyn. I cant see Greiss leaving unless the offer was way above whathes worth and at the end of the DAT Garret Sparks and to a lesser extent Antoine Bibeau have proven the an play at that level. Sparks seems like a logical choice as the number two but with Anderson's age there are some options out there. Kinrad from Jersey has been thrown out there as the Devils have Schnieder and now Wedgewodd there.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Greiss proved himself in the playoffs and really with a healthy Halak a platoon system could work in Broklyn. I cant see Greiss leaving unless the offer was way above whathes worth and at the end of the DAT Garret Sparks and to a lesser extent Antoine Bibeau have proven the an play at that level. Sparks seems like a logical choice as the number two but with Anderson's age there are some options out there. Kinrad from Jersey has been thrown out there as the Devils have Schnieder and now Wedgewodd there.

Sparks will not be the backup he can't be he's not ready that was proven last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad