Value of: Thomas Greiss to Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Now that Bernier is gone need a backup and I think the trade market is the way to go I don't see a lot of options in the UFA market

I think Thomas Griess would be a solid addition. I don't think he will challenge Andersen for the #1 but I think he'd give us a solid 1-2 punch in net.

I don't see this as another tank year I think we are looking to take a step forward this year and to do that we need a solid backup Garett Sparks Isn't going to cut it.

I think if Leaf management was simply going to tank again Fredrik Andersen wouldn't be here he would be in a place like Calgary but he's not, he is a Leaf so to me that says intentionally tanking is no longer a thing.

So whats the price to soldify our backup spot?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
and then we lose greiss in the expansion draft....
just stop

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
At this point, I think the Islanders are more comfortable with Greiss as their starter than with Halak, who had major health problems over the years. So what makes you think that the Isles would trade him?

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Nope he's UFA at seasons end we wait until after the draft snd sign him.

He can still get claimed it is just unlikely. Getting a backup via trade will depend on value. If we have to pay a significant asset (a mid round draft pick or prospect that isn't going to be waived by Toronto) then we pass all the way. Only chance we move a decent asset is if Babcock is prepared to waive a guy like Holland then he could be moved.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He can still get claimed it is just unlikely. Getting a backup via trade will depend on value. If we have to pay a significant asset (a mid round draft pick or prospect that isn't going to be waived by Toronto) then we pass all the way. Only chance we move a decent asset is if Babcock is prepared to waive a guy like Holland then he could be moved.

I think he'd waive Holland I like him but lets be honest we have better options

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Would love greiss but you gotta pass on him if you're the leafs. Lots of ufa options. No point in moving an asset

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
So Now that Bernier is gone need a backup and I think the trade market is the way to go I don't see a lot of options in the UFA market

I think Thomas Griess would be a solid addition. I don't think he will challenge Andersen for the #1 but I think he'd give us a solid 1-2 punch in net.

I don't see this as another tank year I think we are looking to take a step forward this year and to do that we need a solid backup Garett Sparks Isn't going to cut it.

I think if Leaf management was simply going to tank again Fredrik Andersen wouldn't be here he would be in a place like Calgary but he's not, he is a Leaf so to me that says intentionally tanking is no longer a thing.

So whats the price to soldify our backup spot?

Greiss would probably cost us more than Andersen did.He outperformed him last year and proved dependable in the playoffs. Many fans have him slated as a starter ahead of Halak and the Isles don't have a Gibson to drive his value down in negotiations.

It's pointless to waste the assets required to land a goalie of his caliber. Especially with the expansion draft on the horizon and his value with the Isles being at an all time high.

We should be targeting a veteran on the downswing of his career or buy low on someone like Niemi that is actively being shopped.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Leafs don't need tier one backup. They just need a warm body to play 20-25 games. Lou probly want older guy so he can mentor their kids.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Greiss would probably cost us more than Andersen did.He outperformed him last year and proved dependable in the playoffs. Many fans have him slated as a starter ahead of Halak and the Isles don't have a Gibson to drive his value down in negotiations.

It's pointless to waste the assets required to land a goalie of his caliber. Especially with the expansion draft on the horizon and his value is the Isles being at an all time high.

We should be targeting a veteran on the downswing of his career or buy low on someone like Niemi that is actively being shopped.

There is not a chance in hell he costs a 1st and 2nd

Mad Brills*

They just need a warm body to play 20-25 games

Most games played was 68 last year.

Andersen played 43 last year, let's say he's healthy and plays ~55-58 games.

Still need someone to post a ~912 in those 25 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->