News Article: Thomas Chabot is the hero Ottawa needs right now

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
He is also playing well defensively. He's really good down low along the boards i find. He does a good job of winning puck battles while keeping possession so that he can make a good play with the puck, instead of just chip it up the boards.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
He looks pretty solid so far. In many ways.

I still think we need one more key player in the defensive fold to make it a big step in a couple of years

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We really have been spoiled from the D man position, Chara in the mix as well but I think I might be the most excited about the most recent rendition.

Yeah knock on wood but this back-end is shaping up to be in the mix with the Preds with Chabot/Lajoie/Jaros/JBD all looking top 4 caliber and others like Demelo/Ceci/Harpur/etc. being young and pretty serviceable.

Spezze wasn’t a ghost in the playoffs.

Was good pretty much every time he was healthy except the 07 Finals. Only Alfie showed up for that series...

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah knock on wood but this back-end is shaping up to be in the mix with the Preds with Chabot/Lajoie/Jaros/JBD all looking top 4 caliber and others like Demelo/Ceci/Harpur/etc. being young and pretty serviceable.

Was good pretty much every time he was healthy except the 07 Finals. Only Alfie showed up for that series...

I think we need 3 Chabots before we can compete with the Predators. Josi/Subban/Ellis are all Norris candidates year in and out.

Ekholm is underappreciated due to lack of flash but is a rock on D. Kind of like their Methot to their Karlssons.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I think we need 3 Chabots before we can compete with the Predators. Josi/Subban/Ellis are all Norris candidates year in and out.

Sort of agree, sort of disagree.

We basically need 1 more Chabot... like oh I don't know.. an Erik Karlsson.

Ellis would never win a Norris on his own IMO, and won't behind those other two guys.

He's a very good d-man but not all world elite.

Anyway it doesnt matter, the point is their D core is ridiculous.

Depending on how they developed , from the Sens you could have the following type comparison:

Subban/Josi = Karlsson/Chabot

Ellis = Lajoie or JBD.

Reactions: playasRus

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Ekholm is underappreciated due to lack of flash but is a rock on D. Kind of like their Methot to their Karlssons.

It's just wave after wave of good Dmen coming out of Nashville, with Seth Jones and Ryan Suter before this current group.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He's straight up come in and replaced one of the greatest D-men of all time. Replaced him! Think about that for a minute. Replaced his production, replaced his minutes, replaced his mobility (well, almost), replaced the cool, calm demeanor on the ice. The kid really IS a hero! :scared:

Reactions: Smeddy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So how many years will we be talking about ' We need to find someone to play with Chabot'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad