Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is this the third consecutive off-season where he's had wrist surgery? He definitely had it last summer, and he missed the end of the 2022 season with a wrist injury but I can't remember whether he had an operation at that time.

Starting to get Phillipe Boucher vibes here. Dude lost a few year due to recurring wrist issues and multiple surgeries.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
So no time in the gym strengthening then
I thought the two sentences below covered that off....
League sources told Postmedia Tuesday that Chabot, 27, the longest-serving player on the Ottawa roster and the club’s alternate captain, is finalizing the details to undergo a procedure in the near future to fix a wrist issue he’s been dealing with for nearly two seasons.
We’re told the recovery time is in the range of two-to-three months and he’ll be ready in plenty of time for training camp to open in September and this shouldn’t do anything to hamper the normal work he does in the off-season to prepare for the season.
Feel free to read way too much into that last sentence and respond "well, the normal work he does in the off-season isn't working!"

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
More the wrist issues (not quality of player). It took him out of the lineup for parts of seasons for the better part of half a decade.
Yeah thats kinda my point though, although I made it very unclearly. Boucher's injuries seemed to hamper him more significantly (and probably were more significant). I dont remember Boucher's early years but I believe I remember the narrative around his post-lockout breakout emphasizing his previous injuries.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I thought the two sentences below covered that off....

Feel free to read way too much into that last sentence and respond "well, the normal work he does in the off-season isn't working!"
I think he just had a legendary veteran coach say he needs to be stronger. There's a difference between a summer of weight training and a summer of rehab.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think he just had a legendary veteran coach say he needs to be stronger. There's a difference between a summer of weight training and a summer of rehab.
Ok, so you think the reporting that "this won't hamper his training this summer" means "he will be in full rehab and will not be able to get stronger".... interesting take. Clearly not what was being said, like really blatantly in opposition to the reporting, but hey. Stick to your guns.

Also, there is a f*** ton that you can do in the gym without relying on your wrist, especially as a hockey player. Not only are you ignoring the reporting, but your implication doesn't really make sense in its own right. If Chabot wants to get stronger, he will get stronger.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Ok, so you think the reporting that "this won't hamper his training this summer" means "he will be in full rehab and will not be able to get stronger".... interesting take. Clearly not what was being said, like really blatantly in opposition to the reporting, but hey. Stick to your guns.

Also, there is a f*** ton that you can do in the gym without relying on your wrist, especially as a hockey player. Not only are you ignoring the reporting, but your implication doesn't really make sense in its own right. If Chabot wants to get stronger, he will get stronger.

Maybe having an intact wrist will give him the strength he needs. Shouldn't have been playing for the last two years with a major injury.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Coaches say these kind of things all the time. It doesn’t mean that Chabby doesn’t work out, it means what it means, he needs to adjust his training to be more effective.

Chych just changed his training this off season, other players adjust their weight strength to best suit their game all the time.

I think your desire to trade Chabby has taken over all points of discussion surrounding the player. This ‘legendary coach’ wasn’t publicly insulting Chabby in the way you’re spinning it.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad