THN's Top Prospects list - Per Leauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Vlad The Impaler said:
Agree with you on Carter/Parise, disagree on Olesz, agree on Grigorenko, agree on Kesler and disagree on Koivu.

To me, the surprise was seeing Wheeler and Stafford with 4 stars. Wheeler I don't know much about so I am intrigued. I don't feel Stafford deserves it, however.

I'm not surprised by Suter's 5 stars but God, this guy is the most overrated defenseman since Komisarek. The misguided Suter lovefest continues...

I disagree on Suter. He's not flashy, but possesses everything you would want in a defenseman and will play in the NHL for at least as long as his uncle. He's the real deal.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Vlad The Impaler said:
Agree with you on Carter/Parise, disagree on Olesz, agree on Grigorenko, agree on Kesler and disagree on Koivu.

To me, the surprise was seeing Wheeler and Stafford with 4 stars. Wheeler I don't know much about so I am intrigued. I don't feel Stafford deserves it, however.

I'm not surprised by Suter's 5 stars but God, this guy is the most overrated defenseman since Komisarek. The misguided Suter lovefest continues...
I didn't see Stafford.....I can't see why he and Zajac would be any different. I feel both should be 3 stars. Zajac and Stafford are relativly the same age, same size and same stats with Zajac scoreing much more on the same team. Both are excellent prospects though.

Olesz is very underated on these boards. Many seem to compare him to a less offensive Jagr. I think that is way off. He is more in the mold of a complete Holik which I would value more if I were an organization. He will be close to the WJC point lead by he time this tourney is done.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i could be wrong but i dont' think giving montoya 5 stars in the college division is the same as equating him to lehtonen.

it's just ranking him with 5 stars in his league...not comparing across leagues here (obviously, since they divided it up into the different leagues)

at 5 stars, they just feel he's a very top college prospect. that is generally the consensus at this point anyways, so what's the big deal. they're going to give him a 3 or a 4 because, *gasp*, lehtonen got a 5 rating in a completely different league and no one else can have that rating? please

i'm slightly surprised to see jessiman on there actually considering his just-ok year last year and injury this year

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Levitate said:
i could be wrong but i dont' think giving montoya 5 stars in the college division is the same as equating him to lehtonen.

it's just ranking him with 5 stars in his league...not comparing across leagues here (obviously, since they divided it up into the different leagues)

at 5 stars, they just feel he's a very top college prospect. that is generally the consensus at this point anyways, so what's the big deal. they're going to give him a 3 or a 4 because, *gasp*, lehtonen got a 5 rating in a completely different league and no one else can have that rating? please

i'm slightly surprised to see jessiman on there actually considering his just-ok year last year and injury this year
I think the stars are all in total, a three star in college is the ame as three stars in the chl.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
I agree, the bit I've seen from him is far from impressive.

May take some heat for it, but I would be shocked if he ever cracked the top 4 in the NHL for an extended period of time.

You're right, you will take heat for that. He has everything needed to be a top 2 dman. Let's not forget the age factor here. It's just like everyone else on this board, one day they are a super prospect, the next day they are nothing. It's the same circle day after day.

And I don't put much stock into something said by someone who feels Jan Steber is a top 10 prospect and can't see anything outside of blue and white.

leafaholix*

Kritty said:
And I don't put much stock into something said by someone who feels Jan Steber is a top 10 prospect and can't see anything outside of blue and white.
Jan Steber > Alexander Ovechkin.

If you can't tell I was joking about Steber...

predz

Oct 8, 2004
Longueuil
Is Semin still a prospect for THN? Because I can't believe that people would still rate Grigorenko higher then him :loony: In the same league, there is one with 23 points and the other with 1.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
predz said:
Is Semin still a prospect for THN? Because I can't believe that people would still rate Grigorenko higher then him :loony: In the same league, there is one with 23 points and the other with 1.

yes.....I agree thats a big head scratcher

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Have the issue . It is pretty ridiculous. Huge Grigorenko article which ends by saying he lacks the burst he had before. I don't see how he can even be considered for the list. Erikkson, Immonen, Semin, Meszaros and probably 15 others are safer picks than a smallish forward who has lost a bunch of speed due to injury. The other lists were not much better in my opinion.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Question to those who have received their hockey news already...I for one have not.

Do they do team by team breakdown?

And do scouts have any say in these lists?

I can't justify Lukas Kaspar being ahead of Olesz and Michalek my self, or Montoya a 5! Or Parise below Suter with a 4.

I'm confused.

A panel of scouts assigned the ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad