leafaholix*

Hard to say.

My top 5...

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Marek Schwarz
5. Wojtek Wolski

I'm very high on Schwarz... too bad he's a Flyers fan.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
thanks for ur reply gph but the future watch issue only rates players that were already drafted.

leafaholix*

Mine...

- Marc-Andre Fleury
- Eric Staal
- Kari Lehtonen
- Tuomo Ruutu
- Nathan Horton

No order.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Staal,Fleury,Lehtinen sp? are locks,

BTW, It comes out in Febuary, So sometime in Febuary look for it to come out.

Staal won't be eligible, Fleury may or may not be depending on if he gets sent down before the issue comes out.

#1 would probably be Fleury if he goes back to juniors. If not, Lehtonen. Parise and Anthony Stewart will definately be pretty high after their WJC showing. Coburn and Suter should also be pretty high.

leafaholix*

Oh... there are restrictions I see.

Then...

- Marc-Andre Fleury
- Zach Parise
- Kari Lehtonen
- Dion Phaneuf
- Igor Grigorenko

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
You guys still have Marc-Andre Fleury ranked number 1. I think he might slip down to number 2 if he ends up on the list. Zach Parise may end up in number one spot though. However, Parise may not take the number 1 spot because his dominance at this year's 2004 IIHF WJHC was mostly in Pool A, and after the finishing of the tournament, we all know which Pool was tougher. Furthermore, Parise was far less dominant in the Semi-finals and Gold Medal Game. If one wants to argue that Parise was playing against Phaneuf, I will simply respond by, aren't good players suppose to overcome obstacles/opponents. As for the rankings, Jeff Carter and Dion Phaneuf's stock has probably increased significantly in the THN Future Watch rankings. In fact, I have a feeling that Dion Phaneuf or Anthony Stewart may end up as number 1. Stewart has the body to play in the NHL this season, I mean when I was watching the WJHC, he just looked to over power his opponents. Plus the THN Future Watch base its decisions on who are the best player(s) in the world that are not in the NHL this season. Stewart most probably would of been signed, if it weren't for a contract discrepancy. As for Phaneuf, he looks about ready, just a little more maturing to go and he should be in the NHL. After that bone crushing body check on Rostislav Olesz, who is going to keep Phaneuf out of the NHL. That was like a Scott Stevens body check. Anyways, that's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad