THN Re-ranking past drafts

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
At least Burmistrov was a decent enough NHL player for a little while.

Now Boris Valabik on the other hand. To this day, I'm convinced Waddell only drafted him because he was a big Slovak. He was the original Logan Stanley, except drafted 10th overall instead of 18th. And a much worse skater. Like, much worse.

He's probably most recognized around the league as the guy Crosby punched in the nuts.

At least Bogosian had all the tools. And was the leading scorer on the Petes in his draft season. I don't think many, if any, had Pietrangelo over Bogosian in that draft.
He had all the tools just didn't Pietrangelo's hockey sense.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I doubt we trade our pick to Vegas if we don’t get Laine. We drafted better than Philadelphia so could have got Peterson or Makar. My problem is Laine is good not a franchise player like Makar, Peterson, Eichel or a bunch of other guys who went high other years.
Shit I didn't realize Laines career is over already. Let's talk again in 5 years.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Shit I didn't realize Laines career is over already. Let's talk again in 5 years.

I realize the kid burst on the scene when he was 18 because of his all world shot but he always had a look like he had a long way to go to gain his man strength. I have said it since he cooled off and will stand by it. His ceiling is higher than anyone we have drafted and it will be interesting to see if he reaches it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->