THN Prospect Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
List appears to be heavily biased towards the new guys. Same thing that happens here, some new guy with unknown potential comes along and he replaces somebody that's already shown what he can do.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
PecaFan said:
List appears to be heavily biased towards the new guys. Same thing that happens here, some new guy with unknown potential comes along and he replaces somebody that's already shown what he can do.

Not really all that surprising when we just had what was considered the strongest draft in the last decade is it? Those guys should jump ahead of most of the weak 2002 draft class.

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
Charlie_Girl49 said:
There is no way Corey Perry should be ranked just behind Danny Fritsche and ahead of Jeff Woywitka and Mike Richards.
name that stuck out for me as well ahead of Maxime Ouellet and Anton Babchuk? :lol: that's got to be a joke. Anthony Stewart > Mike Komisarek? nope. Looks very heavily influenced by WJC's.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Pretty strong list. Good on THN for putting Dion Phaneuf #2 - that was a gutsy move.

I thought Suter and Richards were a touch low compared to where I would have had them, but otherwise a pretty darn good list.

degroat*

13. Igor Grigorenko
22. Niklas Kronvall
23. Jiri Hudler

LOL... even Red Wings fans have to admit that their prospects are seriously overrated on this.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Interesting list...I'm very surprised to see Kesler at 14...heck, I'm surprised to see him in the top 40 at all.

degroat*

Flames Draft Watcher said:
Or maybe a Blues fan just can't acknowledge the possibility that he underrates them.

Time will tell.
If you're going to make that accusation, then perhaps you should provide some evidence of why you think those players are accurately ranked.

I'm guessing that you don't and you just wanted to take a shot at me when you wouldn't have done so had a Blues fan that you weren't familiar with posted that. My point... reply to the post, not the poster and we'll all be better off.

Safir*

1. Kari Lehtonen

9. Braydon Coburn

46. Jim Slater

It's nice to see Slater up here. :D

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
degroat said:
If you're going to make that accusation, then perhaps you should provide some evidence of why you think those players are accurately ranked.

I'm guessing that you don't and you just wanted to take a shot at me when you wouldn't have done so had a Blues fan that you weren't familiar with posted that. My point... reply to the post, not the poster and we'll all be better off.

Maybe if you didn't act as arrogant as you do then people might choose to treat you with a little more respect. You don't really deserve much respect at this point based on your behaviour in other threads. Ever heard of the golden rule? If you aren't interested in acting with more respect towards other posters then you should be the last person to whine about your treatment.

My point still stands though, perhaps it is you who underrates them? Surely you aren't accusing THN's process of being biased towards Detroit? A non-team affiliated prospect ranking comes out and the first thing out of your mouth is to try and get everyone to agree that Detroit's prospects (your division rival) are overrated?

Do you have any concept of how that looks to a thread browser such as myself? And I for one didn't see your evidence as to why they were overrated so it makes your demands to see evidence from me look a little hypocritical does it not?

If you want a fight with me, take it to PM's. If you want to seriously debate the merits of the list then let's see YOUR evidence. If you want to take shots at the prospects of a divisional rival then others will call you on it until you provide some solid evidence.

But right now all we've got is a Degroat drive-by where he claims that we should all agree the Red Wings prospects are overrated. Pretty sure I know how you would respond to a similar post attacking the Blues prospects...

Reply to the post? I sure did. The post was lacking substance and appeared to me to be an attack on a division rival. How else could one construe it when you leave so much to the imagination?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Flames Draft Watcher,

Kinda off subject, but can you give me a run down of what you think of the Bruins prospects? Your stuff is EXCELLENT, and I'm curious about your opinion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad