THN Not Hottest NHL teams

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm sure you are basing that off of the one game they played against your team when it was the worst game of the year and possible the last few years they had.

Also stop making this thread that has nothing to do with them about the Leafs.

You're the one throwing pot shots, as a known Leafs homer in this thread. Saying the teams have big gaps, or major flaws, if of course, clueless (Expected).

I'm not basing it off anything. I'm basing it off if any teams' goaltending falls off, they're in trouble. Flames have has pretty bad goaltending and are still a top team in the league right now. My point was just made easier because of how big of a homer you are.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
You're the one throwing pot shots, as a known Leafs homer in this thread. Saying the teams have big gaps, or major flaws, if of course, clueless (Expected).

I'm not basing it off anything. I'm basing it off if any teams' goaltending falls off, they're in trouble. Flames have has pretty bad goaltending and are still a top team in the league right now. My point was just made easier because of how big of a homer you are.

Has it even been 15 games yet? My goodness..

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Has it even been 15 games yet? My goodness..

You are aware, that 5 games into the season your fan base was making the claim you guys were easily a top 5 team in the NHL; right? Just want to make sure that you're fully aware of that. Hell, in the summer that claim was already being bounced around.

15 games, while a small sample size, is much better one way than the other. I'd rather be saying 'we've been one of the best teams league wide 15 games into the season' versus 'we f***ing blow 15 games into the season.'

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
You are aware, that 5 games into the season your fan base was making the claim you guys were easily a top 5 team in the NHL; right?

I'll bring it up in the Toronto fanbase meeting next month on your behalf.

Just want to make sure that you're fully aware of that. Hell, in the summer that claim was already being bounced around.

Well you realize they finished 5th in the NHL last year right? I mean I don't understand what you are even saying here haha. You are upset that fans are saying their team who finished in the top 5 last year and started strong again is a top 5 team? Calgary wasn't even a playoff team last year.

15 games, while a small sample size, is much better one way than the other. I'd rather be saying 'we've been one of the best teams league wide 15 games into the season' versus 'we ****ing blow 15 games into the season.'

Ok? Doesn't change the fact that beating your chest over being a "top team" after missing the playoffs after 15 games is kind of cringey.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Well you realize they finished 5th in the NHL last year right? I mean I don't understand what you are even saying here haha. You are upset that fans are saying their team who finished in the top 5 last year and started strong again is a top 5 team? Calgary wasn't even a playoff team last year.

Ok? Doesn't change the fact that beating your chest over being a "top team" after missing the playoffs after 15 games is kind of cringey.

Wait Toronto was a top 5 team last year? I thought they were 7th in points and bounced out in the first round? Interesting how we make that jump from top 5 so easily.

Not beating my chest at all; you're certainly chapped though.
I'm posting a real 'fact'. Calgary has been a top team in the league to start off the season. There's no chest pounding there; it's just a factual claim. They've beaten good teams, and have an impressive record so far, and all of their statistic point to this being the 'real deal'. What's chest thumping about that? I'm not here claiming every single one of Calgary's players are above their counterparts league-wide (like, I personally know, you have). I'm also not claiming it'll last all season.

What I'm doing/refuting is your nonsense this team has a number of major flaws. You watched 1 Calgary game this season, when they bogged down and made your Leafs look horrible all night. The rest is you letting hockeydb make your arguments for you.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Wait Toronto was a top 5 team last year? I thought they were 7th in points and bounced out in the first round? Interesting how we make that jump from top 5 so easily.

Not beating my chest at all; you're certainly chapped though.
I'm posting a real 'fact'. Calgary has been a top team in the league to start off the season. There's no chest pounding there; it's just a factual claim. They've beaten good teams, and have an impressive record so far, and all of their statistic point to this being the 'real deal'. What's chest thumping about that? I'm not here claiming every single one of Calgary's players are above their counterparts league-wide (like, I personally know, you have). I'm also not claiming it'll last all season.

What I'm doing/refuting is your nonsense this team has a number of major flaws. You watched 1 Calgary game this season, when they bogged down and made your Leafs look horrible all night. The rest is you letting hockeydb make your arguments for you.

My bad you are right they were a top 7 team. However they have 1 less point than the mighty flames in 1 less game. I wonder which team keeps it up?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Calgary has a damn good team this year, no way they will be bottom feeders. If they get goaltending they are contenders.

That's a pretty big "if" I think, but I agree the rest of the team looks pretty solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->