THN Not Hottest NHL teams

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Dumb list since all they did was look at the L10 and whoever has 3 wins they listed (and threw in Detroit with their 10 points). Well no shit. See that every time you check the standings.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
weird to hear this about cali and not western Canada

I’m confident one if not two of those three western Canada teams will probably miss and one of the three California teams do make it.

I’ll say and I know I’m not going out on a limb and stick to what I said before the season

Vancouver and maybe Calgary miss Edmonton makes it. (Check my pre season predictions I said Edmonton would make it back in every thread) they still had to do it I get that but it’s looking okay right now. Calgary is too and down to know what the hell they are, like the flyers and blue jackets. Or wild, lol.

Vancouver they will miss, absolutely. They’ve barely won the games they have and are not ready yet. Defense and goaltending isn’t very good at all and secondary scoring is tame at best. The top line is incredible and they seem to work well it just isn’t a team ready yet IMO like Buffalo.

As for Cali, well I predicted the ducks and sharks to make it. I had LA on the cusp and they’ll be lucky at that.

I could be right on Anaheim it was looking that way early but they probably wont now it will be tough. San Jose looks like the team that should but I’d be shocked if all three miss. And I’ll eat my words if the Canucks make it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That’s because the average age of The southern California teams is 55 years old.

The average age of western Canadian teams is something like 14 or 15 years old.
Are you advocating a Seatle team here? :)

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I think that remains to be seen. Still a lot of hockey left and Edmonton and Calgary could both either be bottom feeders or home ice playoff teams. Need to see which team is which as both have had a lot of ugly and a lot of good. One of those is unsustainable.
Calgary has a damn good team this year, no way they will be bottom feeders. If they get goaltending they are contenders.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Only for Californians.
Kind of a mess for Nevadans right now too. There's regression to the mean, then there's snake bitten, and then on rare occasions there's what is happening in Vegas right now. They hit at least one post every game, or shoot it a touch wide, and when it gets on net, the opposing goalies are making spectacular saves. The offensive effort is there but the production isn't.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think that remains to be seen. Still a lot of hockey left and Edmonton and Calgary could both either be bottom feeders or home ice playoff teams. Need to see which team is which as both have had a lot of ugly and a lot of good. One of those is unsustainable.

LOL.

Reactions: Arcana

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Goaltending has sunk a lot of good teams before Calgary and will sink good teams well into the future.

Their goaltending has been mediocre at best.
And they're still a great team. As long as it doesn't get worse, they're fine. That could be said about 100% of the NHL.

If Andersen plays average, to below average, the Leafs won't win another game.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is anyone else experiencing gigantic hot and cold icons on THN's depth chart pages that mess up the lists?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Their goaltending has been mediocre at best.
And they're still a great team. As long as it doesn't get worse, they're fine. That could be said about 100% of the NHL.

If Andersen plays average, to below average, the Leafs won't win another game.

I'm sure you are basing that off of the one game they played against your team when it was the worst game of the year and possible the last few years they had.

Also stop making this thread that has nothing to do with them about the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->