THN Mock Draft 2011 has RNH going 3rd overall to Florida

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm not worried about making a name for myself. I rank players (not that you've seen a ranking from me) based on what I've seen and what the evidence shows, not based on where everyone else has someone ranked.

I think it's hilarious that people think that if you say something that isn't what everyone else is saying, that you're trying to "make a name for yourself". Think that through. So you're looking for people who say the same thing as everyone else? You're looking for people who ignore their own opinions and just rearrange everyone else's lists? How does that add anything?

And you think you add smth with your WRONG, WRONG, WRONG?

You haven't said anything about flaws that Larsson supposed to have, why he is not ready for NHL, why he is bad compared to Hedman. You just said all those things and keep "wrongin" everybody.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
And you think you add smth with your WRONG, WRONG, WRONG?

You haven't said anything about flaws that Larsson supposed to have, why he is not ready for NHL, why he is bad compared to Hedman. You just said all those things and keep "wrongin" everybody.

I guess I need to copy and paste every time someone decides they want to disagree with me but are too lazy to actually read my argument? Is that what you expect?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I guess I need to copy and paste every time someone decides they want to disagree with me but are too lazy to actually read my argument? Is that what you expect?

And what do you expect? People to go through your post history to find out what his Majesty wrote? And what shall I find? Some biased stuff, cause it's clear that you dislike the guy. Those Hedman>>>>>>>>>Larsson is clear garbage, because like everyone who saw them play in heir draft year would disagree with this statement.
Larsson is an all-around talent that is also very well developed for his age. He is attacked for the fact he didn't dominate(he was just very good) in men's league, when usually even 1st round picks have trouble with making SEL roster.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City

Bluechip, I don't think that people are wrong if they don't have same opinion as you. You are definietly not a scout. Not saying you are not good at ranking players or anything BUT everybody should be free to say their own opinion. It's a public forum. I actually think if you would stop thinking you are a professional hockey scout and just listen to people what they have to say, it will benefit you much better than arguying with everyone.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Whitney was born with high arches in his feet. His had his left foot repaired when he was with the Penguins and his fight foot done last summer. This season was the first time since 2006-07 that he felt anywhere near 100% and we saw what he did. He had an unfortunate ankle injury(unrelated to his feet issues) that has been described as an absolute fluke. I wouldn't describe him as injury prone and he should be 100% by next season. There was talk that he could possibly play the final 2 or 3 games of the regular season so he should be good to go.

Off topic but they have surgery to fix high arches? I was never told this.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Bluechip, I don't think that people are wrong if they don't have same opinion as you. You are definietly not a scout. Not saying you are not good at ranking players or anything BUT everybody should be free to say their own opinion. It's a public forum. I actually think if you would stop thinking you are a professional hockey scout and just listen to people what they have to say, it will benefit you much better than arguying with everyone.

Actually I believe he's a former scout.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
You don't have to shoot down someone else to be hyping someone. Comparing him to Hedman is ridiculous. They're both Swedes, they're both defensemen and they were both considered the best Swedes of their draft year. That's about the only way they're comparable.

I've already made my argument. If you want to ignore it, that's on you. But ONE guy posted a quote from ONE scout. Try not to make it out to be anything more than it is.

Are you for real?
It's not only one scout that have said that. At this point we got quotes from one of Swedens most knowledgeable hockey experts, a head scout and Bob McKenzie (who bases his opinion on what he has heard from many scouts). And you talk about being ignorant, oh the irony.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå

I don't like how he sounds in the interviews though, he sounds like the swedish version of Bouwmeester.

You have to remember that he's 15/16 there, he has gotten better at it: http://vimeo.com/21273364
..but the accent is still there, sounds like a stereotypical northerner :laugh: Still needs to up his english though.

I'm not sure if I should comment on BluechipBulletin, he has his opinion set and that's fine by me. But starting a "report" on Larsson by saying "His role at Skelleftea has increased from last season to this one, yet his production has dropped by almost 50%" ..is a bit funny, as anyone who has seen Skellefteå this season knows that David Rundblad took Larssons place on the first pairing and that Larsson did not even have close to the same amount of time on the PP this season as he did last year. Can't say it's his own fault either, Rundblad took a major leap in his development while Larsson had the same kind of second year Rundblad had last season.

OnT: I belive Larsson will be drafted by NJD.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
Well if he is a former scout, I totally respect his opinion just like I've said. What I don't like is he thinks his opinion is the real deal and that everybody thats not on his side, is wrong! He should respect everybody's opinion on this board.

I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, and I respect most of the people here. All opinions are not created equally though, and someone who hasn't seen Larsson (and Hedman) play cannot offer the same quality of analysis as someone who has. Telling someone that they're wrong isn't disrespecting their opinion, it's simply a disagreement.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, and I respect most of the people here. All opinions are not created equally though, and someone who hasn't seen Larsson (and Hedman) play cannot offer the same quality of analysis as someone who has. Telling someone that they're wrong isn't disrespecting their opinion, it's simply a disagreement.

It's the way you are making people look like if they don't agree with you. Like if they don't know what are they talking about. But actually, It's not because you have seen Larsson play that it makes you a genius to know how he is going to end up. A lot of people have seen him play and we only hear positive feedbacks except you which is weird! I had time to seen him play at the WJC while he was injured and it was enough for me! And I have to tell you, it's been a long time I have seen a wrong analysis from Bob Mackenzie which says Larsson is a no turnback!

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
You have to remember that he's 15/16 there, he has gotten better at it: http://vimeo.com/21273364
..but the accent is still there, sounds like a stereotypical northerner :laugh: Still needs to up his english though.

I'm not sure if I should comment on BluechipBulletin, he has his opinion set and that's fine by me. But starting a "report" on Larsson by saying "His role at Skelleftea has increased from last season to this one, yet his production has dropped by almost 50%" ..is a bit funny, as anyone who has seen Skellefteå this season knows that David Rundblad took Larssons place on the first pairing and that Larsson did not even have close to the same amount of time on the PP this season as he did last year.

You may have a point about PP time (I don't have the numbers in front of me), but his ice time did increase from last season to this one. So basically what you're unintentionally saying is that he's ineffective at even strength, since an increase in his overall ice time and a decrease in his PP ice time leads to a ~30% reduction in his point production (and yes, I factored for games played).

Rundblad was definitely lights out, but Larsson's poor defensive positioning, his problems with gap control and angles, his turnovers and his poor footspeed no doubt had a strong influence on any decrease in Larsson's ice time in key situations. If what you're saying about Larsson's PP time is true, then it's even more damning evidence against him, as Larsson's offense is obviously more of a selling point than anything else.

Some biased stuff, cause it's clear that you dislike the guy.

Dislike him? I don't know him. Just because I think he's overrated and has serious flaws to his game doesn't mean I dislike him.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
It's the way you are making people look like if they don't agree with you. Like if they don't know what are they talking about. But actually, It's not because you have seen Larsson play that it makes you a genius to know how he is going to end up. A lot of people have seen him play and we only hear positive feedbacks except you which is weird! I had time to seen him play at the WJC while he was injured and it was enough for me! And I have to tell you, it's been a long time I have seen a wrong analysis from Bob Mackenzie which says Larsson is a no turnback!

People get caught up in hype, and when everyone is saying positive things, everyone else wants to say positive things. Sometimes, a guy is just so good that there's nothing negative to say. Sometimes, that's just not the case. With Larsson, that's not the case.

I think he gets a lot of run because he's been in the SEL for two years. While that's admirable, a lot of it has to do with circumstance, and if you look at his actual play in the SEL, his game has regressed since last year and he's not a GOOD SEL player.

If Larsson had continued his development at the rate it was headed prior to this season, or even just plateaued, then I could understand the hype. But his game regressed. And to compare him to a bigger, more physical Hedman, a guy whose production quintupled from the year before the draft to his draft year - that's just silly. They don't play similar games, their developmental curves aren't similar, and their size isn't similar.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
People get caught up in hype, and when everyone is saying positive things, everyone else wants to say positive things. Sometimes, a guy is just so good that there's nothing negative to say. Sometimes, that's just not the case. With Larsson, that's not the case.

I think he gets a lot of run because he's been in the SEL for two years. While that's admirable, a lot of it has to do with circumstance, and if you look at his actual play in the SEL, his game has regressed since last year and he's not a GOOD SEL player.

If Larsson had continued his development at the rate it was headed prior to this season, or even just plateaued, then I could understand the hype. But his game regressed. And to compare him to a bigger, more physical Hedman, a guy whose production quintupled from the year before the draft to his draft year - that's just silly. They don't play similar games, their developmental curves aren't similar, and their size isn't similar.

If you would be a former scout, you would know by now that Larsson had a very defensive role this year because he was the best defensive dman with Lindgren for Skellefteå this season! If you do not agree with me than name me one other defensive dman better than him. I totally respect your opinion but you seem like a guy that never watched Larsson play and only refers your opinion on statistics to say that his play regressed...

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
BluechipBulletin, how many times have you seen Larsson play in person? Have you watched online streams of Skellefteå games?

And also, I find it strange that a team that was as dominant as Skellefteå had such a poor defenseman getting so much ice time. Very curious...

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
If you would be a former scout, you would know by now that Larsson had a very defensive role this year because he was the best defensive dman with Lindgren for Skellefteå this season! If you do not agree with me than name me one other defensive dman better than him. I totally respect your opinion but you seem like a guy that never watched Larsson play and only refers your opinion on statistics to say that his play regressed...

Read my response to Names and then tell me how you can glean footspeed, gap control, positioning and the ability to angle your man from stats. I'd really like to know, because it'd save me a lot of time and hassle if I didn't have to watch these guys play.

Watching Larsson play last year, then watching him play this year, his play clearly regressed. That the numbers bear that out doesn't mean that one can only come to that conclusion by looking at numbers and not watching the guy play.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
Read my response to Names and then tell me how you can glean footspeed, gap control, positioning and the ability to angle your man from stats. I'd really like to know, because it'd save me a lot of time and hassle if I didn't have to watch these guys play.

Watching Larsson play last year, then watching him play this year, his play clearly regressed. That the numbers bear that out doesn't mean that one can only come to that conclusion by looking at numbers and not watching the guy play.

It seems to me that you are probably one of a few that has this opinion of him! Will see in 3-4 years who was right and will bump it:nod:

Ogopogo*

Once again, based on what?

Based on his 9 points this season. He may be good defensively but 9 points makes me question his offense.

I would tend to lean towards Doug Hamilton - bigger than Larsson, good defensively and his 58 points lead me to believe he can play offensively as well.

What makes Larsson better than Hamilton?

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
BluechipBulletin, how many times have you seen Larsson play in person?

Twice in person.

Have you watched online streams of Skellefteå games?

Streams? No. Downloaded games? That depends on whether or not it's legal for an American to watch a downloaded SEL game ;)

And I don't know that I'd call a third place team "dominant". Farjestad sure seemed to stomp a mudhole in them. That last game was particularly bad for Larsson. He had a few really bad giveaways. For all the talk about his puck movement abilities, he definitely telegraphs his passes and makes poor decisions.

Honestly, I think a big part of the reason his offensive game regressed so much is that other teams figured out his tendencies and Larsson wasn't able to adjust. Whichever team drafts Larsson has to hope that it was Forsberg's shortcoming rather than a serious flaw to Larsson's skill set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->