THN Mock Draft 2011 has RNH going 3rd overall to Florida

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
i absolutely love how nobody has a CLUE about how this draft is going to pan out.

4thliner*

i absolutely love how nobody has a CLUE about how this draft is going to pan out.

well at least the top 8 players going top EIGHT is I think set in stone.

Couturier
RNH
Strome
Landeskog
Huberdeau

and

Larsson
Hamilton
Murphy

I don't expect any of these guys to be there by pick #9.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009

Couturier
RNH
Strome
Landeskog
Huberdeau

and

Larsson
Hamilton
Murphy

ISS has Zibanejad #6 and the CSS has Beaulieu and Bartschi ranked ahead of Murphy and Strome. After last year it's not hard to imagine a scenario where at least one of those guys gets to 9. Even on the team board mock draft on this site, Hamilton fell to 9th.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Couturier
RNH
Strome
Landeskog
Huberdeau

and

Larsson
Hamilton
Murphy

Nothing is ever set in stone.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Did someone seriously suggest that the Oilers might go with Larsson over RNH because Larsson is more NHL-ready?

I'm no RNH guy, and I certainly don't think either of them are NHL-ready, but if I were basing my pick on NHL-readiness, I'd go RNH over Larsson without question. If I were basing my pick on overall upside, I would go RNH over Larsson. If I were basing my pick on need and I were the Oilers, I would pick RNH over Larsson.

Of course, if I were the Oilers, I wouldn't pick RNH or Larsson. But the idea that Larsson is more NHL-ready than RNH can only have come from someone who hasn't seen either of them play.

He is.

You're saying that a sub 6 foot, 163 pound centre in junior is more NHL ready than a 6'3 200 lbs. defender who already has two full seasons in Sweden's top league?

You can make the arguement for upside, need, the Oilers' preference, whatever... But there is really no legitimate arguement that RNH, regardless of where he ends up in the draft, is more NHL ready than Larsson, a player who has been described as a prospect who could have played in the NHL this season as a regular.

Also, one poster who argued that RNH is the undisputed BPA has clearly not followed the draft that closely. It's a three horse race and it really just depends on who likes who better on draft day. I'm a Larsson guy (and think he is the BPA available), but to suggest that everyone thinks one of these top three guys is clearly ahead is well, wrong.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Dater in Colorado thinks they are taking Huberdeau with the #2 pick. I would trust him more than THN mock draft lol

arsmaster*

You're saying that a sub 6 foot, 163 pound centre in junior is more NHL ready than a 6'3 200 lbs. defender who already has two full seasons in Sweden's top league?

You can make the arguement for upside, need, the Oilers' preference, whatever... But there is really no legitimate arguement that RNH, regardless of where he ends up in the draft, is more NHL ready than Larsson, a player who has been described as a prospect who could have played in the NHL this season as a regular.

Also, one poster who argued that RNH is the undisputed BPA has clearly not followed the draft that closely. It's a three horse race and it really just depends on who likes who better on draft day. I'm a Larsson guy (and think he is the BPA available), but to suggest that everyone thinks one of these top three guys is clearly ahead is well, wrong.

Im a Larsson guy too, but I honestly thing Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the BPA.

RNH-Larsson-Couturier is my top 3.

Dont take this as a knock on Landeskog, as I really like him and would probably take him in my fantasy keeper league over the other 3, but I just dont see him as THE building block I would use to jump start my struggling franchise. I honestly think the best fit for him is on the Island.

GM17*

I think it will go exactly like that, I can't see RNH in an Oilers jersey and they got Gagner or pick up Schiefele in the late first which will happen.

But switch Huberdeau with Beaulieu in that order thats how I think it'll go

Wait what? why?

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
RNH is the BPA...teams draft BPA.

Colorado runs to the stage to select RNH if there at 2.

RNH is better than Larsson? Not a chance in hell thats true. If the Oilers are smart, they draft Larsson this year, because lets face it, with the defence they have now, theyre going to be a bottom 5 team again next year. Then they can take one of Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, which gives them the 1st line center they need. Edmonton is ass bare on defence and only have one really notable defenceman in Whitney. Yeah, yeah Petry and Marincin are good but they arent ready yet and wont make a strong top 4 for the Oil. Just seems to make sense for them to choose Larsson over RNH when next year theyll be in a similar situation, only neck deep in top flight center prospects. Take Larsson, he'll be a staple to your defence for YEARS.

Trollmark*

Oilers don't trust in drafting Russians.
And I don't trust is spending a 1st overall on a defenseman. They never have the impact of a centreman or a winger.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Oilers don't trust in drafting Russians.
And I don't trust is spending a 1st overall on a defenseman. They never have the impact of a centreman or a winger.

Well, when you have a guy that can turn out to be the next Lidstrom, you dont tend to pass up on him, especially when your defence is as weak as it is right now.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
I truly believe Dougie Hamilton will turn out to be the best defenseman from this draft.. and maybe the best player too. RNH is talented and everything but he's pretty soft. I just like Dougie's overall game and ability to be a catalyst at both ends of the rink.

Albeit, I haven't seen Larsson play too much but what I did see and reports I've read have been underwhelming.

i think murphy will have something to say about that ....

Trollmark*

Well, when you have a guy that can turn out to be the next Lidstrom, you dont tend to pass up on him, especially when your defence is as weak as it is right now.

More defenseman next year. Our C depth is worse than our D depth.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
RNH is better than Larsson? Not a chance in hell thats true. If the Oilers are smart, they draft Larsson this year, because lets face it, with the defence they have now, theyre going to be a bottom 5 team again next year. Then they can take one of Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, which gives them the 1st line center they need. Edmonton is ass bare on defence and only have one really notable defenceman in Whitney. Yeah, yeah Petry and Marincin are good but they arent ready yet and wont make a strong top 4 for the Oil. Just seems to make sense for them to choose Larsson over RNH when next year theyll be in a similar situation, only neck deep in top flight center prospects. Take Larsson, he'll be a staple to your defence for YEARS.

I like Ryan Murray better than any defenseman in this year's draft, personally.

As an Oilers fan, I could handle one more year in the toliet if it meant grabbing that guy.

The idea of Murray skating/passing the puck up to an Eberle-RNH-Hall first line is just. . . scary.

arsmaster*

You kind of just proved my point.

Paraphrasing what I got from your post, is that you think Larsson is more ready than RNH - I agree with you!

But I think down the line we will all look back and see that RNH is the best player from this draft.

Either way you slice it, if they take RNH or Larsson, both guys likely dont push them over the top next year. They still likely wind up in the top 10 of the draft, so they can take a defensman next year to counter your argument of taking the defensman this year and the forward/centre next year.

2012 is DEEP for defensman....Murray, Ebert, Trouba, Reinhart, Dumba, to name just a few.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Dater in Colorado thinks they are taking Huberdeau with the #2 pick. I would trust him more than THN mock draft lol

I wouldn't. He doesn't know ****. All of his rumors, draft day blogs, and what nots have always been 99% wrong. The only reason to follow him are for injury updates on players and roster line ups. Past that he can't tell what journalism is.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Couturier
RNH
Strome
Landeskog
Huberdeau

and

Larsson
Hamilton
Murphy

As other people pointed out nothing is set in stone, that being said I am guessing they will be the top 8 players but if one drops I don't see any of these guys dropping past 10

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Im a Larsson guy too, but I honestly thing Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the BPA.

RNH-Larsson-Couturier is my top 3.

Dont take this as a knock on Landeskog, as I really like him and would probably take him in my fantasy keeper league over the other 3, but I just dont see him as THE building block I would use to jump start my struggling franchise. I honestly think the best fit for him is on the Island.

Hall is THE building block... RNH is the complement and playmaker to help him out

arsmaster*

Hall is THE building block... RNH is the complement and playmaker to help him out

If you say so.

Teams that win the cup, dont build around their wingers....they build down the middle.

See.

Chicago,Pittsbugh, Detroit, Carolina, Tampa.

Hall may be able to thrive with RNH, but he wont carry the team on his own, it will be with the help of RNH.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

He could not have played in the NHL as a regular, and I feel for any team that makes the mistake of playing Larsson in the NHL next year. I'm assuming that you haven't seen Larsson play, because if you had and you still thought that he was NHL-ready, that would speak volumes about your ability to judge talent.

Man Hole Inspector*

If you say so.

Teams that win the cup, dont build around their wingers....they build down the middle.

See.

Chicago,Pittsbugh, Detroit, Carolina, Tampa.

Hall may be able to thrive with RNH, but he wont carry the team on his own, it will be with the help of RNH.

RNH will be a good top 6 center but don't expect him to be your franchise saving center. I can't even see RNH being in the NHL next season he's just too skinny. Atleast when Kane/Hall came into the league they were wingers so they could gain outside speed on opposing defenseman. Being a center whose 165 won`t go over so well in the big leagues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad