THN Mock Draft 2011 has RNH going 3rd overall to Florida

KingJet*

I think it will go exactly like that, I can't see RNH in an Oilers jersey and they got Gagner or pick up Schiefele in the late first which will happen.

But switch Huberdeau with Beaulieu in that order thats how I think it'll go

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I think it will go exactly like that, I can't see RNH in an Oilers jersey and they got Gagner or pick up Schiefele in the late first which will happen.

But switch Huberdeau with Beaulieu in that order thats how I think it'll go

You're saying Beaulieu 5th to the Isles?

1. I doubt they take a D.

2. It wouldn't be Beaulieu even if they did.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Forwards still look much brighter than defense.

We have a lot of strength on the Wing, but we need some Centre help. Badly. It was a bigger hole for us last year than defense was, and that's saying something, because defense was obviously a hole.

Regardless, Petry is going to play next year. Whitney is fantastic. Gilbert is a competent #4. There's Peckham and Smid who are both legit bottom pairing defenders who play with grit and toughness. Foster's your #7. It's a young group, but hardly a black hole on our roster. Add one legitimate veteran top-4 from trade or free agency, and it's a legitimate top-7.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Is it really that improbable that Edmonton has Larsson ahead of RNH?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
While there's certainly no doubt that someone other than RNH could end up as the best player in the draft, a mock draft is supposed to be about the likely outcome of the draft itself, and the Oilers have come pretty close to telegraphing their pick, like Tampa did with Stamkos in the 2008 Stamkos/Doughty draft. Nothing's over till the fat lady sings, but I think the safe money right now is clearly on the Oilers taking RNH, the fact that THN has them taking Larsson IMO shows that they're really not following hockey/the draft too closely.

**Edited for brain fart**

Last edited:

arsmaster*

While there's certainly no doubt that someone other than RNH could end up as the best player in the draft, a mock draft is supposed to be about the likely outcome of the draft itself, and the Oilers have come pretty close to telegraphing their pick, like Tampa did with Stamkos in the 2008 Stamkos/Doughty/Duchene draft. Nothing's over till the fat lady sings, but I think the safe money right now is clearly on the Oilers taking RNH, the fact that THN has them taking Larsson IMO shows that they're really not following hockey/the draft too closely.

Stamkos/Doughty/Bogosian or Tavares/Hedman/Duchene?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
RNH has been the top rated prospect in all but one(#2 in the other) credible prospect report that I've read. I don't see how they A) don't take the consensus BPA B) a western kid C) they've already raved about him.
I hate these writers that write crap to drum up readers. I'd rather read a generic but insightful article. This is Eklund crap and I won't click on the link

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
6. Ottawa - Ryan Strome
7. Atlanta - Dougie Hamilton
8. Columbus - Sven Bartschi
9. Boston - Ryan Murphy
10. Minnesota - Mika Zibanejad

attachment.php

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
Did someone seriously suggest that the Oilers might go with Larsson over RNH because Larsson is more NHL-ready?

I'm no RNH guy, and I certainly don't think either of them are NHL-ready, but if I were basing my pick on NHL-readiness, I'd go RNH over Larsson without question. If I were basing my pick on overall upside, I would go RNH over Larsson. If I were basing my pick on need and I were the Oilers, I would pick RNH over Larsson.

Of course, if I were the Oilers, I wouldn't pick RNH or Larsson. But the idea that Larsson is more NHL-ready than RNH can only have come from someone who hasn't seen either of them play.

I think its improbable that Landeskog is the BPA over RNH on any teams list.

He is.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Did someone seriously suggest that the Oilers might go with Larsson over RNH because Larsson is more NHL-ready?

I'm no RNH guy, and I certainly don't think either of them are NHL-ready, but if I were basing my pick on NHL-readiness, I'd go RNH over Larsson without question. If I were basing my pick on overall upside, I would go RNH over Larsson. If I were basing my pick on need and I were the Oilers, I would pick RNH over Larsson.

Of course, if I were the Oilers, I wouldn't pick RNH or Larsson. But the idea that Larsson is more NHL-ready than RNH can only have come from someone who hasn't seen either of them play.

He is.

You're saying you would take Gaby Landeskog 1st overall ?

Pretty strong statement my friend ! ;)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would say the question of whether or not RNH is ready to play next year is completely irrelevant. This pick is about who can contribute the most when it counts not who will be the better player next year.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
who did they have the habs taking?

By Ryan Kennedy in the June, 2011 issue of THN.

He's got the following as the top 5:

1. Edmonton - Adam Larsson
2. Colorado - Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
4. New Jersey - Sean Couturier
5. NYI - Jonathan Huberdeau

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

Personally, while I think this top 5 fits each team's need pretty damn well...I'm just not sure if I see RNH "dropping" to 3rd overall..

thanks

Oroku Saki*

That would be NJ's worst nightmare if that happened. I just don't see how Huberdeau doesn't go in the Top 3. And while Larsson to Edmonton does make sense, I still think they will take RNH.

Drafting at #4, I don't think we have a worst nightmare scenario. Lou and Conte gladly leave Minnesota with Couturier.

I don't think there's any chance Landeskog goes before RNH.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
another option is if Edmonton feels that Colorado or Florida would swap 1st +
to grab RNH if they feel that Larsson or Landeskog plus what ever
prospect or pick is worth the difference in talent/need ( could always say player
they really wanted was going to be there and wanted to maximize the 1# pick ).

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
By Ryan Kennedy in the June, 2011 issue of THN.

He's got the following as the top 5:

1. Edmonton - Adam Larsson
2. Colorado - Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
4. New Jersey - Sean Couturier
5. NYI - Jonathan Huberdeau

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

Personally, while I think this top 5 fits each team's need pretty damn well...I'm just not sure if I see RNH "dropping" to 3rd overall..

I guarantee Edmonton takes RNH first. Next years draft has too many dman for them to take one this year.

BigD66

Mar 24, 2009
Red Deer, Alberta
I truly believe Dougie Hamilton will turn out to be the best defenseman from this draft.. and maybe the best player too. RNH is talented and everything but he's pretty soft. I just like Dougie's overall game and ability to be a catalyst at both ends of the rink.

Albeit, I haven't seen Larsson play too much but what I did see and reports I've read have been underwhelming.

How many games have you watched of Ryan's? Don't mistake his size for softness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->