Prospect Info: THN Future Watch issue out

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Benson not getting in the top 100 is disappointing, but if he's even better next year then I could see him jumping to top 50. Hard to say.
This is THN, after all.
I remember when I used to go nuts whenever they released their newspaper. I'd read every single word. Never paid a buck. Our impoverished middle school library was somehow able to afford it. Good times.
Those times are over.
I'm a huge hater on the THN. I'm convinced it's because of negative readers like me that they've disabled comments on their website.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
In fairness, Benson has blossomed as the season wore on, especially likely after this issue went to the editors. And THN did pick Calgary to win the division this year, and likely more. Mind you, I think Puljujarvi’s a bust and our prospect pool aside from Benson and Yamamoto isn’t so hot, so you can probably ignore this post.

To add: Rob Tychowski did the Oilers write-up, and he’s a pretty fair critic.

Last edited:

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
read it and while I do not agree with everything written, I think some of us are too close to fire to see fairly. for me this is about some posters not happy with what they are being told and killing the messanger

Reactions: BudBundy

North

Jun 25, 2009
because it is saying what a lot of other places have been saying as well? We pump the tires of our prospects. But count me as one of the guys who is concerned about the fact our depth is not as deep as some want to believe

Nobody is disputing that we may not have the best depth.

We’re disputing a top ten Oilers prospects ranking that doesn’t include Benson. At least get the issue right before you start criticizing.

North

Jun 25, 2009
In fairness, Benson has blossomed as the season wore on, especially likely after this issue went to the editors. And THN did pick Calgary to win the division this year, and likely more. Mind you, I think Puljujarvi’s a bust and our prospect pool aside from Benson and Yamamoto isn’t so hot, so you can probably ignore this post.

To add: Rob Tychowski did the Oilers write-up, and he’s a pretty fair critic.

He’s not my go to for prospect talk so still not impressed with his ranking.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Who did they list as the Oilers' Top 10?

Benson not being listed is an incredible screwup.

1. Evan Bouchard
2. Kailer Yamamoto
3. Caleb Jones
4. Kirill Maksimov
5. Joel Persson
6. Ryan McLeod
7. Dmitri Samorukov
8. John Marino
9. Cooper Marody
10. Ethan Bear

Ad

Upcoming events