THN Draft Preview is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
My question (from everything here that I've read so far and forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question)...does ANYONE at THN even bother to cover the "developmental leagues" such as the US High Schools and the Canadian Junior "A" leagues? I've been a THN subscriber for years and I almost NEVER see coverage of ANY player, regardless of how phenomenal they are, from these leagues outside of draft time and even during draft time, very little is mentioned about these kids.

As others have said, it's a compilation made from talking to scouts and GM's. If a guy hasn't been mentioned in the past it's likely either because the consensus was not all that high on him or that the people THN talked to were lowballing said players because they are harder to scout and didn't want other teams to realize how highly they might be ranked.

This year it doesn't seem like a valid complaint as Zajac is ranked in the first round by THN.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
This thing is about as hard to find in Pittsburgh as a sober Irishmen.

I just went to a dozen places, all either didn't have it or ran out.
Are you near Cranberry? Their Barnes & Noble had a couple.

Make sure you check in the paper section, not the magazine area.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
If anyone who picked it up and read all 60 write ups, didn't already know the Finns were considered the hardest working players in the world, they do now!!

Good read, almost had a scout (or GM) quoted in every write up. Just though they might have over referenced the Finns work ethic a little bit. (we get it) The one that took the cake was a scout on Radulov "I've seen him some nights where I thought he was a Finn, that's how hard he was working."

I thought Lyamin's write up was encouraging, seems like a safer pick than alot of the defenseman ranked in his range.

Truckfighter

Jul 9, 2002
orrthegreatest said:
I live in Los Angeles also, I couldn't find it at Barnes and Nobles last night, but if I find it I will post it, if you find it any where can you post it so I can get it. Thanks

Believe it or not, I always get my hockey news at Tower Records. Seems like an unusual place to find it, but they always have the latest copy there. And I assume they will have the draft issue as soon as it comes out in L.A.

orrthegreatest

Nov 14, 2003
Norwalk California
Troy Maclure said:
Believe it or not, I always get my hockey news at Tower Records. Seems like an unusual place to find it, but they always have the latest copy there. And I assume they will have the draft issue as soon as it comes out in L.A.

Thank you Troy, I will check there tomorrow....

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Entire lists are NOT to be posted. That detracts directly from the commercial value of a publication and is a copyright infringement. You may post excerpts of lists as long as you comment on/critique the excerpt. Only the specific excerpt of the list that you're offering commentary on should be posted, and the commentary must be detailed. That is considered "fair use" under the copyright laws.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This was posted at the Jatkoaika boards:

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Tukonen
5. Olesz
6. Schwarch
7. Ladd
8. Montoya
9. Stafford
10. Radulov

Other Finns:

22. Korpikoski
25. Nokelainen
50. Lepistö
53. Seitsonen

Is this the highest that Tukonen has been ranked? Also a little surprised to see Korpikoski ahead of Nokelainen. Wonder if Lepistö will slip to the second day of the draft..

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
could someone tell me if swiss or german players are in the top100 and if so, where they are?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
zecke26 said:
could someone tell me if swiss or german players are in the top100 and if so, where they are?
51- Roman Wick, is Swiss.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
go kim johnsson said:
51- Roman Wick, is Swiss.

ah thanks. he's the only one? maybe julien sprunger or peter guggisberg somewhere? germans shouldn't be there, too bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad