THN Draft Preview is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
kngbryn said:
I went looking for the THN draft preview at the closest Barnes and Nobles and they didn't have it. The guy said that it might find it on the top shelf of the sports section but it wasn't. I thought hopefully Borders would have one but they had the previous issue. I looked through it and at the back it gave a very brief preview that they will be coming out with a draft preview on June 3rd. I live in Los Angeles and I wanted to know where someone may have gotten their's or how they got it.

We won't get it out here for at least two weeks, if at all.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
re: Blake Wheeler

Remember, he just completed his junior year in high school. Yes, the high school leagues in Minnesota are very competitive but even so, not good enough to warrant a high pick. He MIGHT slip into the 1st round but a lot of teams are basically saying "he's a junior in high school... we wish he opted out" and he probably should've because as a senior (and a year older) he could've developed even more and maybe even raised his draft stock significantly.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Ville Isopää said:
Make that 2 weeks and 20 USD... :mad: :cry: :help: :cry: :mad:

Timeframe might be correct, but the price is the same as a regular issue of Hockey News, and there no way it's 20 USD. Maybe around 12 is the absolute peak. Even so, it's unbelievably expensive.

orrthegreatest

Nov 14, 2003
Norwalk California
kngbryn said:
I went looking for the THN draft preview at the closest Barnes and Nobles and they didn't have it. The guy said that it might find it on the top shelf of the sports section but it wasn't. I thought hopefully Borders would have one but they had the previous issue. I looked through it and at the back it gave a very brief preview that they will be coming out with a draft preview on June 3rd. I live in Los Angeles and I wanted to know where someone may have gotten their's or how they got it.

I live in Los Angeles also, I couldn't find it at Barnes and Nobles last night, but if I find it I will post it, if you find it any where can you post it so I can get it. Thanks

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jacobv2 said:
Are US Borders/Barnes & Noble stores carrying them yet?

Typically they're among the last to get them. B&N used to use a periodicals distributor based in Tennessee---they got the papers first, then bundled them up and sent them on to the retail locations. It sometimes added weeks to distribution.

Granted, my personal experiences with the Evil Riggio Machine ended 4 years ago...

:handclap:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Surprisingly - 37th. And Hedman is 80th.
What? Fransson at 37th and Hedman at 80th? I guess that Hedman has a couple of Swedes infront of him on the list. Salmonsson where? Soderberg? Anyone else?

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
orrthegreatest said:
I live in Los Angeles also, I couldn't find it at Barnes and Nobles last night, but if I find it I will post it, if you find it any where can you post it so I can get it. Thanks
Just a heads up. Picked mine up from the newstand in Westwood today.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
My question (from everything here that I've read so far and forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question)...does ANYONE at THN even bother to cover the "developmental leagues" such as the US High Schools and the Canadian Junior "A" leagues? I've been a THN subscriber for years and I almost NEVER see coverage of ANY player, regardless of how phenomenal they are, from these leagues outside of draft time and even during draft time, very little is mentioned about these kids.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oilers Chick said:
My question (from everything here that I've read so far and forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question)...does ANYONE at THN even bother to cover the "developmental leagues" such as the US High Schools and the Canadian Junior "A" leagues? I've been a THN subscriber for years and I almost NEVER see coverage of ANY player, regardless of how phenomenal they are, from these leagues outside of draft time and even during draft time, very little is mentioned about these kids.

Is there someone in particular that you find has been neglected? THN typically blankets a panel of scouts, front office personnel, etc... to come up with their rankings.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Chainshot said:
Is there someone in particular that you find has been neglected? THN typically blankets a panel of scouts, front office personnel, etc... to come up with their rankings.

As a matter of fact, I do. Blake Wheeler is one that comes to mind as well as Alex Goligoski, Torrey Mitchell, Chris Zarb and Travis Zajac.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
jepjepjoo said:
how about

Korpikari
Nokeilainen
Seitsonen
Lepistö

im really interested to see how Korpikari and Lepistö ranked

I would like to know about these guys too. Thanks.

And if anyone is wondering whether to buy it.. do it!.. Very good value for money.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
jepjepjoo said:
how about

Korpikari
Nokeilainen
Seitsonen
Lepistö

im really interested to see how Korpikari and Lepistö ranked
Korpikoski 22
Nokelainen 25
Seitsonen 53