THN Draft Preview 2007?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
bump.

Did anyone get THN this week?

I didn't receive an issue this week? The last one I got was the awards issue with Luongo on the cover last week.

Is there no THN this week? If not, that's kinda weird conidering that we're in the playoffs.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
last issue I got was the Ryan Miller cover, I'm anticipated the Draft Preview very much, hopefully I get it soon

yeah it was Miller in the States and Luongo in Canada.

I know that THN has stated before that some issues like the Draft preview will now be considered double issues..so maybe that's why there is no issue this week and the draft preview will be sent to subscribers next week?

But normally for stuff like that they'd have a special note in the previous issue...

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
yeah it was Miller in the States and Luongo in Canada.

I know that THN has stated before that some issues like the Draft preview will now be considered double issues..so maybe that's why there is no issue this week and the draft preview will be sent to subscribers next week?

But normally for stuff like that they'd have a special note in the previous issue...

Just go on THN.com, and at the right they always put up the last issue that is out, if there is not a different issue than the last week then that means that they have skipped the week for some reason (like a special issue)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
There will probably be a draft preview soon, since no hockey news was send this week

exactly what I'm thinking.

But I still find it weird, normally if there's no issue scheduled for a week they'll write a note in the previous issue stating so.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
exactly what I'm thinking.

But I still find it weird, normally if there's no issue scheduled for a week they'll write a note in the previous issue stating so.

Yeah. I read again the last one i got (the one with Luongo on the canadian cover) and theres no mention that there wouldnt be one this week. Maybe they forgot. But thats surely weird

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I got the prospect outlook with Erik Johson on the cover.

I remember last year it was.. Early-mid may...

I THINK.

I'm trying to remember when.

I'd love to see and read abooot the draftees.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
I got the prospect outlook with Erik Johson on the cover.

I remember last year it was.. Early-mid may...

I THINK.

I'm trying to remember when.

I'd love to see and read abooot the draftees.

Yeah future watch has been sent out, I cant wait to get my draft preview

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I didn't find Future watch that helpful.

Alot of the stats were weeks out of date too, alot is a little Canadian-bias.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I have a subscription so I'm kinda stuck with it.

my 2006 draft preview fell apart from me reading it soo much.

I loved it. It gave me alot of good insite.

I want them to have the top 100 players ranked. Then rank the top 10 players of each position... So we know who to look for (like I really haven't heard much about goalies...)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
they still have the THN issue from 2 weeks ago under "This weeks issue" on the THN website...so maybe subscribers will get the Draft Preview this week? It is kinda early for that though. Don't they normally wait until the middle of May?

Maybe they just got lazy and haven't updated it yet.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

No it's definately not June.. that's way too late... I'm thinking May 15-25thish

To be honest I'm kinda itchin' for it... Gotta read up on Alzner and Cherry-pickeranov

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
hey guys this was my first year with THN being a subscriber (got it for a christmas present) and wondering If I should re-new, personally I thik I should but what do you guys think of THN.

Bill_Crosby*

hey guys this was my first year with THN being a subscriber (got it for a christmas present) and wondering If I should re-new, personally I thik I should but what do you guys think of THN.

I'm not reading all that, is it out or not?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

THN is amazing... Except for the occasional Canadian-bias or a few articles that aren't very interesting.

I'd definately do it for the insider, Future Watch and the draft preview you get.

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. stuff there

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski

I would renew it if i was you. I love THN. Its really useful for me.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
well, I see the NHL Draft combine is May 29-June 2 in toronto; ideally, it would be great if they could go to press after this key event but The Hockey News doesnt seems to be concerned about being current.
I believe they do wait until after the Memorial Cup tho, and that has a big impact on rankings for those prospects competing.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad