News Article: THN: Dont look now but panthers may be a playoff team

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I just listened to the author of that article on SiriusXM and he is a big time doubter. he keeps bringing up injuries as his concern and the lack of depth. While injuries are a big concern, I think we are all on consensus that it is Luongo's health that is the biggest factor.

He doesn't bring up that the team has played through injuries (Barkov, Kulikov, Bolland, Bergenheim, and to a lesser extent Thornton, Kopecky, Gudbranson, etc.) Through all these injuries, the team has stayed afloat. he also talked about how the team is on the outside of the playoff picture, while also true, again ignores the games in hand.

He really took the approach of truth via omission which turned me off.

Oh well.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I just listened to the author of that article on SiriusXM and he is a big time doubter. he keeps bringing up injuries as his concern and the lack of depth. While injuries are a big concern, I think we are all on consensus that it is Luongo's health that is the biggest factor.

He doesn't bring up that the team has played through injuries (Barkov, Kulikov, Bolland, Bergenheim, and to a lesser extent Thornton, Kopecky, Gudbranson, etc.) Through all these injuries, the team has stayed afloat. he also talked about how the team is on the outside of the playoff picture, while also true, again ignores the games in hand.

He really took the approach of truth via omission which turned me off.

Oh well.

Would expect nothing less from this group. Ken Campbell cant wait for us to relocate.

We all know that if Luongo goes down for more then a game or 2 so will we. That's Hockey.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Would expect nothing less from this group. Ken Campbell cant wait for us to relocate.

We all know that if Luongo goes down for more then a game or 2 so will we. That's Hockey.

From listening to him, I think he was alluding more to the health of the skaters and not the goalie.

I can't understand the logic behind the quality of the team because of the location. So if the team moves, it magically becomes way better? Aren't the players going to be the same? It's dumb.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh article was fine. I think it sounded worse on Radio though when he actually expanded on some of his points (or omitted for that matter).

People don't want to admit that the Panthers are actually playing well, and this isn't necessarily just when it comes to writers and analysts. Friends of mine will be talking about the Dolphins or another football team and i'll joke around and say, "hey, why don't you guys watch the Panthers" or, "the Panthers are playing really well." They'll laugh it off as though they're saying, "how could the Panthers - the Florida Panthers - actually be good??"

It's just the years of mediocrity and inconsistency of success that has all culminated in this year where we're finally playing well and people don't want to accept it or think that the Panthers could be good. I'm hoping this is the first year of us being consistently good so myself and everyone else can talk about the Panthers and not be laughed at or not believed when we say "the Panthers are doing well and are making a run for the playoffs."

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I feel as though Montoya isn't getting the love he deserves based on the fact he never plays. I think if it came down to Luo being out for 5 games or so, Monty would get in a groove and prove otherwise.

Also I don't respect THN so this article is considered garbage.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Local sports fans and the media and fans around the league most likely won't pay attention to the Panthers until they make the playoffs to take them seriously.

Chances are that none of these people have watched a Panthers game all season or really cared to look at the standings. If they have, they refuse to believe it'll last.

However, as we consistently make the playoffs in the future, you would assume that would change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad