This year's Winterhawks: Bartschi and Rattie

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This year there are two more Portland Winterhawk forwards who have first round billing.

Sven Bartschi and Ty Rattie are actually outproducing last year's guys both in points and points per game. Johansen and Nino have missed time because of injury and the WJC but that doesn't take away from how impressive the younger players' numbers are.

Can anyone who watches the WHL regularly comment? Which of these two projects better for the NHL? What are their strengths/weaknesses?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I like Bartschi better. Grittier player. And is better defensively.

Rattie is definitely more dynamic and has better hands.

arsmaster*

I like Bartschi better. Grittier player. And is better defensively.

Rattie is definitely more dynamic and has better hands.

The swiss sure do seem to have a bit more of a chip on their shoulder.

I like Rattie better, the hands and natural scoring ability just cannot be taught.

That being said, Bartschi is a bit more versatile.

AN idea just popped into my head....wouldnt it be great to see the Winterhawks play against the St John Seadogs in the Memorial cup?

All the talent on those two clubs, it would be a treat for fans of junior hockey.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

I like Rattie better, the hands and natural scoring ability just cannot be taught.

AN idea just popped into my head....wouldnt it be great to see the Winterhawks play against the St John Seadogs in the Memorial cup?

All the talent on those two clubs, it would be a treat for fans of junior hockey.

Saskatoon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

It's basically like Zetterberg vs Datsyuk between the two. In Detroit I like Datsyuk more, but I'm with RS on this one, I like Bartschi much more. Though both are going to be good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad