This years under 18 Canada team looks pretty darn good, lets look at next years

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Mobey said:
Pretty sure Gagner considers himself Canadian, and Vaive American....Doesn't Malone also have dual citizenship?

Malone was at the U17 camp for team Atlantic he will be playing for Canada at this tourny.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
scoutman1 said:
I really don't see Tavaras making it...I agree on Sam Gagne I forgot about him...but I see Sutter making the team A) for his name...B) is a good all around player...C)the sutter type of play is everything you could want on a 3rd or 4th line. Scott Brannon is a WWWAAAAYYYY better player than Colin Escott, take it by me Brannon would be on the team before Escott.

See I couldn't put Sutter on because I don't really know much about him. Brannon also, I liked Escott, but I'll take your word for it about Brannon I guess i'll find out more about him this year.

I think Sexsmith and Borden will definately be the tenders though IMO.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
HabLover said:
Is he not considering himself American?....or is that the young Vaive kid?

I know one or the other has possibly been named to the USA U18 team?

Sam Gagner is Canadian...

Vaive is the one named to the USNDP U17 BUT he's not even in the same class skill wise as Gagner.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
About Taveres this is all I have to say; I 've seen him play probably on 20 or more occations in the past year and sometimes he wasn't the best player on his Marlies team but every year playing a year up he had 80 + goals and led his team in goals. He's a pure sniper, he plays tough and when he gets mad from being banged around he seems to score which is a great quality in a hockey player.

Based on hockey canada wanting to "pump" players I could really see him having a shot at this team as he is just as good as the players we're mentioning he's been playing against them his whole life and is always top of the class. I know he's a 90' but I'd say if he has 45+ pts this year he's pretty much a lock.

Watch out for Luke Pither this year for those who haven't heard of him. Might take him a bit to adjust but his offensive skills resemble Corey Perry with a little more acceleration at this age.

Katic is a great offensive dman I like him too.

Biega and Allard are sick hockey players... can't wait to see what they do this year on their respective Q teams.

As you can see, I want the season to start right now :yo:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
USA team

Goalies
Brad Phillips, MI, NTDP
Andrew Margolin, NJ, Taft

Defensemen
Nick Petrecki, NY, USHL
Tristin Llewellyn, MI, USHL
Cade Fairchild, MN, NTDP
Kevin Shattenkirk, NY, NTDP
Joey Lavin, MA, NTDP
Colby Cohen, PA, NTDP
Dan Kelly, NY, OPJHL

Forwards
Jimmy O'Brien, MN, NTDP u-18
Drayson Bowman, CO, Spokane WHL
Matt Smythe, FL, Brampton OHL
Mike Hoeffel, MN, MN HS
Nico Sacchetti, MN, MN HS
Jimmy Hayes, MA, Nobles
Ryan Hayes, NY, NTDP
Matt Rust, MI, NTDP
Brett Bruneteau, NE, USHL
CJ Severin, PA, NTDP
John Albert, OH, NTDP
Justin Vaive, Ont, NTDp
Josh Gionfriddo, CO, Red Deer WHL

bigdaddy_11

Aug 2, 2005
Eric Doyle was ranked the top d-man for team pacific out of the summer evaulation camp...would think he would make it ahead of Hickey.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
orangeandblack said:
USA team

Goalies
Brad Phillips, MI, NTDP

Defensemen
Nick Petrecki, NY, USHL
Cade Fairchild, MN, NTDP
Joey Lavin, MA, NTDP
Colby Cohen, PA, NTDP
Dan Kelly, NY, OPJHL

Forwards
Mike Hoeffel, MN, MN HS
Jimmy Hayes, MA, Nobles
Ryan Hayes, NY, NTDP
Matt Rust, MI, NTDP
CJ Severin, PA, NTDP
John Albert, OH, NTDP
Justin Vaive, Ont, NTDp

I like this team but I really think Matt Thurber is good enough to be on their despite his size, also in nets I could see Jeremy Smith being his stock is definately on the rise.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
bigdaddy_11 said:
Eric Doyle was ranked the top d-man for team pacific out of the summer evaulation camp...would think he would make it ahead of Hickey.

I guess we'll see next summer sometimes having a good evaluation camp doesn't necessarily mean your destined for great things especially making a national team.

I remember for my 83 age group one of my buddies was one of the leading scorers in the provincial camp and didn't even get named to the evaluation list. Sometimes scouts and evaluators have predetermined ideas and it's hard to break them unless you truly are dominant... kind of sad but it's the way hockey works.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
orangeandblack said:
USA team

Goalies
Brad Phillips, MI, NTDP

Defensemen
Nick Petrecki, NY, USHL
Cade Fairchild, MN, NTDP
Joey Lavin, MA, NTDP
Colby Cohen, PA, NTDP
Dan Kelly, NY, OPJHL

Forwards
Mike Hoeffel, MN, MN HS
Jimmy Hayes, MA, Nobles
Ryan Hayes, NY, NTDP
Matt Rust, MI, NTDP
CJ Severin, PA, NTDP
John Albert, OH, NTDP
Justin Vaive, Ont, NTDp

Kelly plays in Pembroke although it's in Ontario it's a separate junior league it is called the CJHL (Central Junior Hockey League) Pembroke had alot of guys stay back with them and made some big additions and they will be one of the best Jr. A teams in the nation this year.

Also, I know alot about most of the players named for this projected American team but I would like to know about Josh Gionfriddo, Jimmy O'Brien, Brent Brunetteau, Matt Hoeffel, Cade Fairchild, and Joey Lavin those are the only never I haven't really heard anything about or have seen play.

PS Justin Vaive has alot of "potential" but he's a project for sure I wouldnt say he's a lock if so it's only due to bloodlines at this stage.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
I also think ian cole, a defenseman from michigan should be on the team, i actually forgot about him while making the team. thurber, vaive, and james vanreimsdyk from new jersey all are very good players who could be on the team also. i forgot pembroke was in the cjhl, thank you for the correction. I heard some good things about smith, especially since hes from arizona, is he goin to the dub?

Gionfriddo; bigger kid from colorado who goes in the corners, whl style player. played a few games in the dub last year, will be playing there this year.

O'Brien; played with the older ntdp team, one of the best American forward prospects, and can also play defense. already 6-2, but only around 180, he could really skyrocket this season.

Bruneteau; a smaller (5-10) player with good skill level, a pretty natural goal scorer, put up good number at selects, last year at shattuck, and is still in consideration for the ntdp last i heard.

Hoeffel; very skilled mn hs player, was ranked top forward at ntdp camp, and put up alot of points at selects. ntdp offered him a spot, but is still up in the air. also one of the usa's better player at u-17 tourney.

Fairchild; small defenseman (5-10, 165) from mn hs. compared to phil housley, high scorer last season in hs as a soph. ranked best dman at ntdp camp. can really skate, handle the puck with poise, and make great decisions.

Lavin; played for the jr bruins last year. good size at 6-1, good skater, makes the right decisions with puck, and solid defender.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Mobey said:
Pretty sure Gagner considers himself Canadian, and Vaive American....Doesn't Malone also have dual citizenship?

brad malone, dwight king, justin vaive, and sam gagner are all dual citizens? and only vaive considers himself american, the us got the butt-end of that deal. since malone played on team atlantic, and king on team western, does that make them exclusively canadian for international play?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
brad malone, dwight king, justin vaive, and sam gagner are all dual citizens? and only vaive considers himself american, the us got the butt-end of that deal. since malone played on team atlantic, and king on team western, does that make them exclusively canadian for international play?

No. Look at a guy like Jason Bailey. He suited up for Team Ontario but later joined the USNTDP.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Sorry guys

I wrote a few things I just read over and I i realized I made some mistakes.

Dan Kelly was SUPPOSED TO go back to Pembroke but he did sign with Kitchener July 22. So he'll be in the O odds are this season.

Also, I was harsh on Justin Vaive... This kid has good wheels and good size and a goal scorers knack he just needs to polish up his overall skating and he'll be a good one like his pops.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
orangeandblack said:
I also think ian cole, a defenseman from michigan should be on the team, i actually forgot about him while making the team. thurber, vaive, and james vanreimsdyk from new jersey all are very good players who could be on the team also. i forgot pembroke was in the cjhl, thank you for the correction. I heard some good things about smith, especially since hes from arizona, is he goin to the dub?

Gionfriddo; bigger kid from colorado who goes in the corners, whl style player. played a few games in the dub last year, will be playing there this year.

O'Brien; played with the older ntdp team, one of the best American forward prospects, and can also play defense. already 6-2, but only around 180, he could really skyrocket this season.

Bruneteau; a smaller (5-10) player with good skill level, a pretty natural goal scorer, put up good number at selects, last year at shattuck, and is still in consideration for the ntdp last i heard.

Hoeffel; very skilled mn hs player, was ranked top forward at ntdp camp, and put up alot of points at selects. ntdp offered him a spot, but is still up in the air. also one of the usa's better player at u-17 tourney.

Fairchild; small defenseman (5-10, 165) from mn hs. compared to phil housley, high scorer last season in hs as a soph. ranked best dman at ntdp camp. can really skate, handle the puck with poise, and make great decisions.

Lavin; played for the jr bruins last year. good size at 6-1, good skater, makes the right decisions with puck, and solid defender.

Thanks alot for the info....

I hope to see alot more WHL on my digital cable this year if they expand... If not looks mostly O for me....

orangeandblack said:

I know the other players' situations, but is one of King's parents American or did he live in the US at some point?

Last edited:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i read that he is a dual citizen, probably because one of his parents is a us citizen, and that he should have recieved an invite to the ntdp tryout camp. what are gagner and malones situations?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
orangeandblack said:
i read that he is a dual citizen, probably because one of his parents is a us citizen, and that he should have recieved an invite to the ntdp tryout camp. what are gagner and malones situations?

I think Gagner has American citizenship because he was born in the states, possibly Minnesota while his dad was playing their. He considers himself Canadian though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->