This Years Rookies in different order...

daibaffoni

Jul 15, 2006
I find this years draft rookies were drafted a bit in a strange order. Frolik's draft position dropped way to down just like Kopitar's stock dropped last year even though both these players will turn out(barring injuries) to be studs in the NHL.

Here is my draft order of my top 10 picks(my main objective out of them is points)

-Erik Johnson
-Phil Kessel
-Niklas Backstrom
-Jordan Staal
-Michael Frolik
-Jonathon Toews
-James Sheppard(under-rated)
-Bryan Little
-Peter Mueller
-Derek Brassard

What would be your order??

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Based on potential:

- E. Johnson
- P. Kessel
- J. Staal
- N. Backstrom
- J. Toews
- M. Frolik
- D. Brassard
- P. Mueller
- B. Little
- K. Okposo

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Based on potential:

- E. Johnson
- P. Kessel
- J. Staal
- N. Backstrom
- J. Toews
- M. Frolik
- D. Brassard
- P. Mueller
- B. Little
- K. Okposo

Toews above Frolik in terms of potential? Toew's potential would be a great 2 way player who could be first line, but Frolik has as much offensive potential as nearly anyone in the draft, maybe not as much as Kessel or Backstrom but Frolik is dyanmite offensively when he's confident.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Tier one
Erik Johnson - sounds like the real deal with the fewest questions among those at the top

Phil Kessel - Elite skills with some questions that have been tossed about ad naseum here. But in the end I believe that he could turn out to be the best by far of all the players taken this year. Top ten in the league type of talent.

Jordan Staal - the youngest prospect and was very close to being in next years draft. He is more projection than most, but there is a reason that everyone was trying to move to two for him specifically. If things go as most think that they will, he would have been hands down the top pick next year. But as we saw with Kessel, that can be a huge if.

Tier Two
Niklas Backstrom - Mentioned in the same breath as Forsberg. I doubt that pretty seriously, but still, that alone tells you all that you need to know. And puts him right with the others

Jonathon Toews - The most complete player you usually hear. Future Captain, will win you a championship someday. Sounds a lot like the girl with the 'nice personality' to me. He simply does not have in most scouts opinions that I have read the ceiling that a Kessel or Staal are thought to have. But he also supposedly does not have the floor that some of the others have either. But he certainly belongs here.

Tier three
Then throw the next five or six in a hat.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Toews above Frolik in terms of potential? Toew's potential would be a great 2 way player who could be first line, but Frolik has as much offensive potential as nearly anyone in the draft, maybe not as much as Kessel or Backstrom but Frolik is dyanmite offensively when he's confident.

Please don't start this "my team's prospect is better than you say they are". I never said OFFENSIVE potential, I just said potential in general, as a 2-way forward or as a pure scorer.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Please don't start this "my team's prospect is better than you say they are". I never said OFFENSIVE potential, I just said potential in general, as a 2-way forward or as a pure scorer.

Geez, Chill I'm not but if you say potential in general or overall I guess it's very subjective.

Roccoman

Aug 9, 2005
Indiana
if Jordan Staal's last name were "Smith" he would not have been a top 5 pick imho.

he may well blossom into a great NHLer, but is a prject at this point.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
This is just going to be annother Toews doesn't have great offense and will only be a 2-way threat thread, Toews has more offensive potenital than Frolik, and I believe he has more than Backstrom and Staal aswell. Frolik is talented, but too say he has more offensive potential is a very uneducated statement to claim. anywhoo, here is my list. In terms of offensive potential.

Kessell
Toews
Johnson
Backstrom
Staal
Brassard
Frolik
Little
Sheppard
Okposo
Mueller

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
if Jordan Staal's last name were "Smith" he would not have been a top 5 pick imho.

he may well blossom into a great NHLer, but is a prject at this point.

Actually I think regardless of the name he's a top 5, a 6 foot three center who plays in all situations, can skate, can score, can pass.

He's solid, his last name could have been Czercawski and he still would be top five

turnbuckle*

27 3 1 4
48 2 7 9

Hasn't been confident for awhile.

I think some people underestimate Toews' offensive potential as well. The kid has the toolsand smarts to be a very productive NHLer. Perhaps without the pizzazz of some, but it doesn't always have to be pretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->