This years line combination

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
There is a 99% chance that poile doesn't make another move sowiththeteam we have now, what's the lines you wanna see the most.

Forsberg Duchene Granlund
Watson Joey Arvi
Carr/Tolvanen Turris Smith
Jarnkrok Bonino Sission

That's mine.
Balances out the lines imo

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
There is a 99% chance that poile doesn't make another move sowiththeteam we have now, what's the lines you wanna see the most.

Forsberg Duchene Granlund
Watson Joey Arvi
Carr/Tolvanen Turris Smith
Jarnkrok Bonino Sission

That's mine.
Balances out the lines imo
I’m totally with you on putting Watson higher up. I mentioned last season that’s he could wind up being like a Tom Wilson type. I mean, didn’t he score 15 2 seasons ago..? (Will not be considering this for my lines, as I believe the coaching staff would not do this)
I don’t wanna take Joey off the top line yet because I think with Duchene pushing him for his spot, he’ll be better. Also hoping for a Tolvanen breakout year.

That being said, without too much focus on the bottom 6:
Berg—Joey--Granlund
Tolvanen/Turris—Duchene--Arvidsson
Carr/Jarnkrok/Tolvanen—Bonino/Turris—Smith
Carr/Jarnkrok--Sissons—Watson

Really, the bottom two lines are interchangeable.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Can't buy into messin with the top line. Seems like every time we tried tinkering with that the end result was diluted crappy lines all the way down. Yes, Duchene changes dynamics for sure, and if Granlund wakes up, we could be in for a treat. I'd put them on the second line with Tovanen. I would like to see some progression for Watson though, so put Granlund on a super short leash.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Unless Tolvanen has a monster camp he's not going to be in Nashville. Poile can move him up and down as needed while keeping another player on the roster.

Short of injuries I don't see Watson above the 3rd line simply because of numbers. I could see him working well with a guy like Granlund because he does like to shoot, but I think that only happens if Lavi tries to make 3 scoring lines and plays them mostly equal.

I do expect Lavi to try and spread JOFA out especially early in the season so who knows what ends up happening.

Reactions: NNCbama

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Forsberg-Joey-Granlund
Grimaldi-Duchene-Arvy
Watson -Turris - Smith
Jarnkrok-Bones-Sissons

This is what I would like to see. The only issue would be Granlund and Joey getting into a passing contest and never getting anything on net. :ha:

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Start of the season:

JOFA
Watson-Duchene-Granlund (Granlund is a natural RW)
Sissons-Turris-Smith (I agree with 101st, Turris needs a shooter. Smith will do that)
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Grimaldi (dat 4th line)

[press box]
??

20 games in

JOFA
Tolvanen-Duchene-Granlund (Everyone is freaking about Tolvanen he's growing on schedule.)
Sissons-Turris-Smith (I sense a resurgence for Turris. He sounds pissed and embarrassed, good)
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Watson (I take it back, DAT 4TH LINE!!!!!)

[press box]

Grimaldi, ???

as for defense? It's going to be a knife fight. Hamhuis has hinted that the season wore on him. Santini is an unknown quantity. NJD fans says he sucks but he's still only 24. I just want him good enough for the 3rd pairing.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Start of the season:

JOFA
Watson-Duchene-Granlund (Granlund is a natural RW)
Sissons-Turris-Smith (I agree with 101st, Turris needs a shooter. Smith will do that)
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Grimaldi (dat 4th line)

[press box]
??

20 games in

JOFA
Tolvanen-Duchene-Granlund (Everyone is freaking about Tolvanen he's growing on schedule.)
Sissons-Turris-Smith (I sense a resurgence for Turris. He sounds pissed and embarrassed, good)
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Watson (I take it back, DAT 4TH LINE!!!!!)

[press box]

Grimaldi, ???

as for defense? It's going to be a knife fight. Hamhuis has hinted that the season wore on him. Santini is an unknown quantity. NJD fans says he sucks but he's still only 24. I just want him good enough for the 3rd pairing.

??? = Pitlick/Carr

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Forsberg-Joey-Granlund
Grimaldi-Duchene-Arvy
Watson -Turris - Smith
Jarnkrok-Bones-Sissons

This is what I would like to see. The only issue would be Granlund and Joey getting into a passing contest and never getting anything on net. :ha:
Maybe it'd finally convince Joey to shoot more...

...oh, who am I kidding, his willingness to shoot went away with the trade.

mackelroy

Nov 30, 2018
chicago
en.wikipedia.org
Unless Tolvanen has a monster camp he's not going to be in Nashville. Poile can move him up and down as needed while keeping another player on the roster.

Short of injuries I don't see Watson above the 3rd line simply because of numbers. I could see him working well with a guy like Granlund because he does like to shoot, but I think that only happens if Lavi tries to make 3 scoring lines and plays them mostly equal.

I do expect Lavi to try and spread JOFA out especially early in the season so who knows what ends up happening.

I agree, I think we'll see Tolvanen in Milwaukee, at least to start. With Grimaldi on a one-way, the roster squeeze just gets that much tighter.

Reactions: bdub24

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
Forsberg also played himself into a spot which is what it will take for Tolvanen to be here.

Also our roster wasn't exactly packed on the talented forward side of things then either.

I agree Tolvanen will have to play well in camp and the preseason to make the team, but I also think he has a couple of things going for him that make it a bit easier. First, he's essentially exactly what our roster needs. A pure sniper who can improve the power play immediately. Second, he has the European clause. I would basically treat him like you would a CHL player, give him 9-10 games with the big club to see if he's ready and if not send him to Milwaukee. Then its up to him whether he wants to work on his issues in Milwaukee or bolt for Europe. Third is who he is in competition with. IMO its Carr, Tolvanen, Pitlick, Gaudreau and Salomaki for the last roster spot, unless Grimaldi just looks awful. Pitlick probably needs some time in Milwaukee and is waiver exempt still so shouldn't be an issue there. Gaudreau would clear waivers most likely and probably would be nice to have as an "extra" forward in Milwaukee even if he is on a one-way deal this year. Salomaki, just doesn't look like an NHL player up to this point. Even if you lost Salomaki and or Gaudreau on waivers to keep Tolvanen for a few games, is it that much of a loss? Should be fairly easy to find a replacement for them if needed. Carr, is the one wildcard for me. He is also on a one-way contract and has already cleared waivers a couple of times in his career, but if he has a good camp and another team has a couple of injuries then I could see him getting picked up if we waive him. If Poile thinks he can sneak Carr through waivers and Tolvanen has a decent camp then I think we will see Tolvanen in Nashville to start the year.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Been thinking a lot about this topic recently and decided upon the lines that I think would be perfect for this season. I would love to get any feedback on this.

Forsberg Johansen Granlund

- this will be a power line, Forsberg ends up with damn near forty goals and I believe all of them can notch about 70 points.

Turris Duchene Arvidsson

- another power line, especially if Turris is able to adapt well to the wing, and I hear he has been so far, I think Turris could get near 60 points playing with these two studs, and I think Duchene and Arvy would be so good together, Arvy’s non stop energy and drive will rub off on Duchene greatly I think, this could be a very exciting line.

Carr Sissons Tolvanen

- as you all know, I think a sissons has some untapped offensive abilities, he has shown up for us when needed and is a great all around player. I think we give him a shot with this role playing with our top offensive prospect Eeli (who seems to be ready), and Carr who led the AHL in points last season. I believe these three together could surprise and put up 40-45 points each if given proper ice time and if they gel together. All of them are offensive threats and are all fairly young.

Watson Bonino Trenin

This will be our checking line with some offensive potential as well as grit and size. I would love to see these three together.

My issue is, I don’t know where Craig Smith fits in, and honestly, I think he is a product of his environment. He is not offensive unless playing with top line guys. I say we move him, or lose him as UFA, do not need him IMO.

I would also say Jarnkrok is our 13th centre and if guys like Carr, Tolvy, Trenin experience growing pains, then Jarnkrok is well suited to slip into any of their spots on my above lines and give them rests in press box.

I also think Grimaldi gets moved sooner than later as he went to arbitration and we all know the track record of that.

I want to say first call up is Pitlick, but I am also so excited to see Wilkins get a shot, I guess it will be between those two if injuries happen, whoever is playing better for Milwaukee.

Defense is pretty straight up:
Josi Ellis
Ekholm Fabbro
Hamhuis Santini/Weber
Davies
Allard

Irwin probably never sees NHL again with Davies and Allard ready to go now.

What do you all think?

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
From what I've seen from the games so far Tolvanen, Trenin, and Carr are not on this roster opening night. The only way they are is if Poile takes one heck of a gamble on some guys.
Preds must give Tolvanen a shot this year with good line mates and power play time. Carr? If Preds waive him he’s gone. So big decision to make. I have no opinion. Trenin has surprised me. But I’ve never seen him in Milwaukee. Surely he’s better than Gaudreau and maybe Solamaki. Numbers game will probably get him. Grimaldi just flys around and looks great but just cannot finish. It’s a shame really.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Preds must give Tolvanen a shot this year with good line mates and power play time. Carr? If Preds waive him he’s gone. So big decision to make. I have no opinion. Trenin has surprised me. But I’ve never seen him in Milwaukee. Surely he’s better than Gaudreau and maybe Solamaki. Numbers game will probably get him. Grimaldi just flys around and looks great but just cannot finish. It’s a shame really.

Preds aren't required to give Tolvanen a shot at anything if he doesn't show he deserves it. I don't think Poile is worried about any being gone if he waives them. Anyone being waived at the end of camp isn't NHL material anyways.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why are people selling Grimaldi short? He was our best forward in the playoffs and our best Corsi-players in the regular season. Yeah, he wasn't great at finishing those plays but he certainly didn't play with offensively talented teammates either.

In my mind, he's the front-runner for the #3LW spot and now gets to be on a line that should be more of a offensive line than in the years past.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Preds aren't required to give Tolvanen a shot at anything if he doesn't show he deserves it. I don't think Poile is worried about any being gone if he waives them. Anyone being waived at the end of camp isn't NHL material anyways.
Well of course the Preds aren’t required to do anything. But the point I was going for was he’s a highly regarded draft pick. He’s had a good KHL year and supposedly learned a lot with the requisite Milwaukee year. He tore it up in rookie camp after diet and skating school. Who knows what he’s looked like in camp; only the coaches. I just think it’s time to see what he can do with some good NHL linemates on a regular shift and some quality PP time. Earning his spot is up to him and I don’t feel he’s messed up a chance at it yet. I guess we’ll see soon.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Why are people selling Grimaldi short? He was our best forward in the playoffs and our best Corsi-players in the regular season. Yeah, he wasn't great at finishing those plays but he certainly didn't play with offensively talented teammates either.

In my mind, he's the front-runner for the #3LW spot and now gets to be on a line that should be more of a offensive line than in the years past.

To me its Grimaldi's spot to lose. I don't have illusions he is going to light up the world this season, but after his playoffs he deserves the first shot at that third line spot this season unless any of the other guys are way outperforming him in camp.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Too many people did a 180 on him after his post-arbitration quote. I just want him to keep playing his game and hopefully the results follow. He's an exciting player to watch and could be a key depth player for the team this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad