This year's John MacFarland or Benoit Pouliot?

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
who is shooting up to fast and has failed IMO(pouliot) and who is falling and failed imo(macfarlane)

i see sheifele and huberdeau are big risers from the begenning of the year and saad and couturier are pretty good fallers

who are the risers and fallers and your opinions of whether they will be studs or duds

thanks

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I think Ambroz is this year's McFerland. He was touted to be a top10 pick at the beginning of the year, now he is a late 1st/early 2nd.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
David Musil, Matt Puempel, Victor Rask, Seth Ambroz, and Brandon Saad were all touted as top 10 players.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Couturier isn't going to fall that far. Even Bob McKenzie said his fall was greatly exaggerated in other rankings. Good chance he goes at #3 to Florida.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
why has macfarland failed?
Also, I don't like Saad that much.

Ive heard mcfarland dominated minor hockey skating with power in a straight line down the ice and scored a lot with good shot power. However, when he got to the next level his skating wasnt good enough to blow past defenders and relying on his shot power alone couldnt score nearly as much as it did in midget. Hes still a pretty good palyer in the ohl, scores almost a point per game and was taken in the 2nd round in 2010, just not the star people once thought he could become.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Ive heard mcfarland dominated minor hockey skating with power in a straight line down the ice and scored a lot with good shot power. However, when he got to the next level his skating wasnt good enough to blow past defenders and relying on his shot power alone couldnt score neary as much as it did in midget. Hes still a pretty good palyer in the ohl, scores almost a point per game and was taken in the 2nd round in 2010, just not the star people once thought he could become.

He hasn't failed yet, and for that matter, neither has pouliot.
Both still can be 50pt players.

jablueblue

Jul 22, 2009
He hasn't failed yet, and for that matter, neither has pouliot.
Both still can be 50pt players.

He meant players that rise out of no where to be takin high (Pouliot) or players that were touted as top 5 or 10 picks, only to be takin much later (Mcfarland). Failed seems like a poor word choice.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Saad, Musil, Biggs, Ambroz, Puempel.

A couple of fallers and some risers.

Huberdeau, Strome, Landeskog was rated 11 at the start of the year.

All I can think of really.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's a decent player who's been an NHL regular for two seasons now. He's somewhat disappointing relative to his draft position but he's not a bust. Especially given that not many of the guys taken immediately after him have done much.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He's a decent player who's been an NHL regular for two seasons now. He's somewhat disappointing relative to his draft position but he's not a bust. Especially given that not many of the guys taken immediately after him have done much.

Given his size, his abilities, he would have been a great pick but he's on the verge of being removed from his second team. He was forced on the Wild because of injuries and lack of depth/cap space. We traded him for an overweight 2nd rounder, who is similar to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad