Speculation: This year's early round "faller"

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Since the Lombardi era, we've had some horrible results drafting for need (Hickey, Teubert, Forbort) but we've had terrific luck drafting BPAs that fall in the draft (Kopitar, Vilardi, Kaliyev).

In this year's draft, is there someone you hope falls to the early 2nd where we pick? Or falls to the later first round so that we're motivated to trade our multiple seconds to move up?

I heard one player who might be interesting is Jan Mysak.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
One player I think may have a shot of falling is Justin Barron.

He's a big kid, mobile, really solid. He was diagnosed with blood clots or something, and his numbers dropped off a bit before that. Really high ceiling though, if he stayed healthy I think he's a no-brainer mid 1st, but the issues and slight drop in numbers might land him in the early 2nd round. Worth the risk if he drops, IMO.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Since the Lombardi era, we've had some horrible results drafting for need (Hickey, Teubert, Forbort) but we've had terrific luck drafting BPAs that fall in the draft (Kopitar, Vilardi, Kaliyev).

In this year's draft, is there someone you hope falls to the early 2nd where we pick? Or falls to the later first round so that we're motivated to trade our multiple seconds to move up?

I heard one player who might be interesting is Jan Mysak.

Jan Mysak and Lukas Reichel are two that I like. Dylan Holloway may actually fall, too. He was Turcotte's teammate at Wisconsin and the team had a very underwhelming year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think I can talk about Barron any more than I have

Also big on Mysak, but wasn't able to imagine a world in which he falls out of first

Lapierre is another injury one

And I could see either Quinn or Zary dropping to nearly 20 in which case I'd maybe be in favor of a trade

But it's tough. There's so much good available in the 2nd round that I'd honestly find it best to stay pat, unless it costs a 2nd and a 3rd to move up. Multiple 2nds right now are great, lot of high-upside potential guys there, and the gap between 20ish and 30ish isn't worth losing one of them over imho.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One player I think may have a shot of falling is Justin Barron.

He's a big kid, mobile, really solid. He was diagnosed with blood clots or something, and his numbers dropped off a bit before that. Really high ceiling though, if he stayed healthy I think he's a no-brainer mid 1st, but the issues and slight drop in numbers might land him in the early 2nd round. Worth the risk if he drops, IMO.

If he drops I'm all over it. But I definitely see a Cup contending team taking him at the end of the first as a huge swing since they don't 'need' a player but he could be one in short order and one with a high ceiling at that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad